Frog Follies 2010

Started by alchevy, August 04, 2010, 10:28:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alchevy

My wife and I are going to Evansville, IN for the Frog Follies in a few weeks. Anyone else going?
AL
A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com

papastoyss

Quote from: "40chevy"My wife and I are going to Evansville, IN for the Frog Follies in a few weeks. Anyone else going?
AL
One of our favorites. We haven't missed it in over 20 yrs. It's still pre 49 if thats an issue for anyone.I heard at  the Nats that preregistration for the Froggies was 3800+. Rooms are tough to get as Evansville isn't really that large.Registration fee is low & food prices are fair.
grandchildren are your reward for not killing your teenagers!

57larry

I'm going down on Friday the 27th

alchevy

Every time I went to Louisville, I would see the shirts from this event and even talked to several folks that had been in the past. This will take the place of Louisville for me.
We will be spectators this year since we are building the '48 Chevy Truck.
AL
A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com

reborn55

Be there Saturday in the wife's 48 Chevy coupe.  Hope to see you there Al

alchevy

Quote from: "reborn55"Be there Saturday in the wife's 48 Chevy coupe.  Hope to see you there Al

Ken, Will be good to see you again also. With me being out of work for a year except for one month, it's been hard to get to go to car shows and rod runs. But now that I am back working, we will be fine. I am  waiting for my new employer to put me on the payroll so that I won't be contracting like I am now. I am back where my wife is working now and they have recently divided up the projects between 3 of us so it looks hopeful that I will be there! I work 4 10s Monday thru Thursday and my wife works 4 10s Tuesday thru Friday. But we are able to change her working if we need to get out of town for a weekend.
Trying to decide if we want to drive up after work on Thursday or try to leave earlier on Thursday so that it will be daylight when driving through that part of the country that I have never been to. Will be very close to St. Louis that I would love to visit, have to see if I make it there this trip or go next year.
AL

www.astreetrodder.com

alchevy

I am hoping to bring some cooler dryer air back home with me.
AL

www.astreetrodder.com

Beck

I just got back home from the Frog Follies. It seems hard to believe that it can get any bigger, but it does. There was a huge turnout, ALL pre 1948. They don't seem to have a problem getting enough cars. The E'ville Iron club that puts it on are super. They don't try to get into your pocket, unlike any other event. The best part is all the profits are donated to charity. It's a win/win event. Thanks to anyone involved!

alchevy

Yes, the Frog Follies is now my favorite big event to go to each year. I don't know where they are going to put any more cars in the coming years, but I plan on bringing a big group with me next year!

Ken, I saw your friends and their cars, but I did not see you.
AL

www.astreetrodder.com

bucketmouth

Frog Follies is pre48 unlike the NSRA and close to Speedweek now that could be doable next year :idea:
I maybe from down under but I know which way is up.
Oh hell there goes another head rush.

Beck

Quote from: "bucketmouth"Frog Follies is pre48 unlike the NSRA and close to Speedweek now that could be doable next year :idea:
Some years the dates conflict. If you don't mind leaving Speed Week a few days before the end of the event it would always work out. This year there was a week gap between them. I don't know what next years schedule looks like.

reborn55

Al--was walking around visiting and looking at the cars.  Have to get your phone number next time.  Glad you had a great time.

Flipper

We were there on Saturday.  Saw some pretty neat cars and a few HAMB'ers.  RRT needs some window decals so we can pick each other out of a crowd.

This was the third year in a row for the rusty flatbed.  Hopefully I will have the boattail finished for next year.

enjenjo

Quote from: "Flipper"We were there on Saturday.  Saw some pretty neat cars and a few HAMB'ers.  RRT needs some window decals so we can pick each other out of a crowd.

This was the third year in a row for the rusty flatbed.  Hopefully I will have the boattail finished for next year.

Send me a PM with an address, and I'll send you some decals. That goes for any of you.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

alchevy

Yes, they even have frog races there, it's a site to see!
AL

www.astreetrodder.com