Salina Kansas Kustom Kemps of America Event

Started by HotRodLadyCrusr, July 27, 2010, 04:26:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HotRodLadyCrusr

Just got back, 4th or 5th year in a row.  977 miles each way.  Event not talked about much on here so I just wanted to throw it out there that it is one of the best car events in the mid-west.  Not only lots of kustoms but really cool hot rods in attendance as well.  The highlight, drag racing on the old airstrip just outside of town on Friday night with a FLAG starter!  Last year it was George Barris this year gene Winfield!  A not to be missed event.  Well worth the 17+ hour drive each way.
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

enjenjo

I have been told this is a good show. Of course The James Deam run, the Rebel run, and the Ducktail run are all good shows too.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

57larry

Quote from: "enjenjo"I have been told this is a good show. Of course The James Deam run, the Rebel run, and the Ducktail run are all good shows too.
these 3 shows can't even compare

n.c.rodder

I went to 2 of the Spectaculars that were in Holland & the one that was in Mason (Lansing). Also did all 3 of the Dropped & Chopped Events that were held in Holland. Even thou I always took the "Street Rod" the events were always cool and the Customs weren't half bad either!

I do still belong to the KKOA.......just haven't done any of the events out of Michigan.

Mike
Till we meet - On the street

Mac

Quote from: "HotRodLadyCrusr"Just got back, 4th or 5th year in a row.  977 miles each way.  Event not talked about much on here so I just wanted to throw it out there that it is one of the best car events in the mid-west.  Not only lots of kustoms but really cool hot rods in attendance as well.  The highlight, drag racing on the old airstrip just outside of town on Friday night with a FLAG starter!  Last year it was George Barris this year gene Winfield!  A not to be missed event.  Well worth the 17+ hour drive each way.

What, no photo report Denise?  :(
Maybe later when you get them sorted? ...Please?
Who\'s yer Data?

phat rat

Stopped going to those events a while back. The time Titus came out to the entrance and asked "What the hell are those cars doing parked there?" The cars were my cpe, a custom 50 Ford vert and a 65 Chevy sb custom/rod. We were in the booth signing up and that was where we'd been told to park while doing so. When told why they were there he didn't even have the balls to apologize, just walked off in a huff. I said then I'd never go to another event he put on. As far as I know my buddies haven't gone to one either. Maybe his taste has changed some but back then he was very biased toward customs and to heck with any rod type that showed up
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

HotRodLadyCrusr

Quote from: "Mac"

You've never made a comment on any adventure thread I've done.  :?  Why should I bother taking the time and making the effort if they aren't appreciated?  Trust me those posts that I guess you are fimiliar with since your asking for them take many, many hours to write and post.  There are lots of photo threads about the event on the HAMB if anyone is interested in seeing the photos.

My thread today was just to inform the masses that this event is fabulous and so different than the "Leadsled Spectaculars" that have taken place in Michigan, Indiana, and Ohio in the past.  Blows them away.

phat rat

Quote from: "HotRodLadyCrusr"
Quote from: "Mac"

You've never made a comment on any adventure thread I've done.  :?  Why should I bother taking the time and making the effort if they aren't appreciated?  Trust me those posts that I guess you are fimiliar with since your asking for them take many, many hours to write and post.  .

Guess he didn't know you were doing them for the accolades.  :lol:

ACEMAN419

nc rodder   where in hollland   u did mean michigan right

phat rat

Quote from: "ACEMAN419"nc rodder   where in hollland   u did mean michigan right

They were held at the fairgrounds to start then Windmill Island at the end

HotRodLadyCrusr

Quote from: "phat rat"Guess he didn't know you were doing them for the accolades.  :lol:

That be like you spending hours working on my car and me not thanking you for YOUR time and effort involved.  I was rasied better then that and perhaps it's one reason I have so many posts on the HAMB.  I thank people for taking the time and effort to post stuff whether it's event coverage, tech stuff, or whatever I read.  It's the polite thing to do.

It doesn't even have to be thanks, could just be a comment about one of the cars in the thread or some tidbit of info that gives more substance to the thread.  I hate to keep comparing the HAMB but they are real good at posting additional info that keeps the thread going and interesting AND gives the thread more body for future reference.  

My cross country trip last year is a perfect example.  As I was posting photos of the race cars guys were posting info on the cars including the owners/builders and their races times.  That thread is probably the most documented piece on the internet regarding Speed Week 2009 as far as covering the race cars, other hot rods, customs and the people that were in attendance.  If there was a longer, more indepth piece written I didn't read it.  If other peeps didn't add additional info to that thread it would have been pretty flat and one sided.

32coupe

Hi Denice
People like me who can't access the HAMB from work due to firewall restrictions, need some other way to see these great events. And one of those ways was on here.

I loved all of your event threads and have missed them, fool me thought you might not have been out cruising for a while.

Please please can you do a cut and paste by any chance, please :wink:
If you can\'t fix it with a hammer, you\'ve got an electrical problem

phat rat

Quote from: "phat rat"Guess he didn't know you were doing them for the accolades.  :lol:

That be like you spending hours working on my car and me not thanking you for YOUR time and effort involved.  I was rasied better then that and perhaps it's one reason I have so many posts on the HAMB.  I thank people for taking the time and effort to post stuff whether it's event coverage, tech stuff, or whatever I read.  It's the polite thing to do.

It doesn't even have to be thanks, could just be a comment about one of the cars in the thread or some tidbit of info that gives more substance to the thread. .

I was going by what you said.

"You've never made a comment on any adventure thread I've done.  Why should I bother taking the time and making the effort if they aren't appreciated?"

I also don't think most people expect praise or thanks for their posts. If it's given fine if not no big deal. Comparing it to working on someones car seems a little far out.

57larry

Quote from: "phat rat"

It doesn't even have to be thanks, could just be a comment about one of the cars in the thread or some tidbit of info that gives more substance to the thread. .

I was going by what you said.

"You've never made a comment on any adventure thread I've done.  Why should I bother taking the time and making the effort if they aren't appreciated?"

I also don't think most people expect praise or thanks for their posts. If it's given fine if not no big deal. Comparing it to working on someones car seems a little far out.
exactly, is it all about the praise?seems like it

ACEMAN419

my brother inlaw has 4 cars never said a word  thanks for the info   big al