non-automotive electrical switch

Started by Crosley.In.AZ, July 01, 2010, 12:16:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crosley.In.AZ

well... the gate opener works again.

I went out this evening to test the limit switches , they seemed to test properly for open circuits and closed circuits when needed.  There are no ground sensors, external trip wires or strips... only the buttons on the remote

THEN I decided I am gonna make smoke with this SMF machine or something.  I located the wire from the RF controller box that puts in the 24 volt signal when the fob button is pushed.

I took a jumper wire and put 24 volts to that wire full time from another source.

THEN .. I took another jumper wire with 24 volt feed and I started touching random wires looking for action or smoke or both.  

I pull one relay apart, looking at it, I trip the plate with a screw driver and the electromagnet coil holds the plate down ... FINALLY something different.

I touch more wires with my hot lead and * the gate starts rolling open and stops fully open.  I get it figured out which wires to touch with my power lead to open and close the gate.

I unhook my jumper wire that bypassed the RF  controller box

Not being the dumbest tool in the drawer, I pushed the button on the remote and the gate rolled OPENED.  Push the button again it rolled shut.

Now I do not have to go open the gate for when my wife wants to go somewhere  this weekend

thanks for assistance guys as usual..  8)
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)