AD Chevy truck seat

Started by enjenjo, June 25, 2010, 11:50:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

enjenjo

The AD truck I am working on has Dodge Diplomat 60 40 seats in it. They do not fit the cab well, too thick, too high. Any suggestions on bucket seats that fit this cab? The seat riser has been removed, and he wants power seats.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

WZ JUNK

Quote from: "enjenjo"The AD truck I am working on has Dodge Diplomat 60 40 seats in it. They do not fit the cab well, too thick, too high. Any suggestions on bucket seats that fit this cab? The seat riser has been removed, and he wants power seats.

I recently used a set of early 90's BMW 2 door seats in a project.  They are fully adjustable, the headrest is removable, and they sit well.  The ears on the tracks are flat, so they are easier to adapt to another vehicle.  They should work well in one of these trucks without the riser.  The ones I used would raise and lower, tilt, recline, flip forward to allow entrance to the rear seat, and run forward and back but they were not electric.  I had the choice of buying either the manual or the electric for the same price ($75) and I went with the manual.  All I really needed was the ability to alter the seating position from time to time.  

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

58Apache

I bought mine on E-bay from a huge dismantler. Since you don't need the backs to move forward as in a two-door, I am thinking the competition for 4-door seats out of a BMW or Lexis would be minimal? I had to drive to Columbus to pick mine up though.

OldSub

I have Honda Accord seats from the 90's in mine.  Power leather and comfortable.  Found them offered on eBay locally for not a lot of money.

Steve@OldSub.com
www.OldSub.com . www.MaxwellGarage.com . www.OldGasTowRigs.com

Ohio Blue Tip

A  nice seat that fits and has belts and shoulder straps, is 2005 to2007 Buick Regal 4 door.
I saw two trucks with them recently and looked good allthough I didn't set in them.
Some people try to turn back their odometers
Not me, I want people to know "why" I look this way.
I\'ve traveled a long way and some of the
roads weren\'t paved.

Ken

enjenjo

Thanks for the suggestions. Ultimately it's up to the owner, but now we have some places to look.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

WZ JUNK

Quote from: "enjenjo"Thanks for the suggestions. Ultimately it's up to the owner, but now we have some places to look.

One other note.  I did a lot of looking at seats a couple of months ago.  There are some really nice seats that are in the late model cars and SUV's and some of them even have the seat belts made into the seats.  One of the problems I discovered was that the high end seats are run the cars computer.  They are meant to automatically cycle when you get in and out of the car.  This means you will need to rewire the motors to make them work in something other than their original vehicle.  It also means the motors wear out faster.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck

OldSub

I've read that once a seat belt has been 'used' it really should be replaced.  That makes me a little wary of the integrated seat/belt setups.  You could be getting a belt that will pass muster with the ticketing authority but may not be effective if you put it to a real life test.

Steve@OldSub.com
www.OldSub.com . www.MaxwellGarage.com . www.OldGasTowRigs.com

kb426

I used Chrysler 300m in mine.
TEAM SMART

58Apache

WZ ...what do you mean it also means they wear out faster? I rewired some LEXUS seats this way to a new switch. Just now installed.

Steve

Mac

Quote from: "kb426"I used Chrysler 300m in mine.

I've got 300m seats (2004) "collected" for my Jag project. I picked them because they have a classic "orthopedic" kind of look. They too, are computer controlled and have heat and memory positions. I'd be interested to know how you may have worked out the wiring. I don't care much about the heat and memory just basic adjustments.
Who\'s yer Data?

ONE37TUDOR

They wear out quicker because they operate the motors each time the car is started and turned off. Even though you may not use this feature the seats did go through that cycle from its previous life.

Scott...
SCOTT,  slow moving, slow talking, no typing SCOTT

WZ JUNK

Quote from: 58ApacheWZ ...what do you mean it also means they wear out faster? I rewired some LEXUS seats this way to a new switch. Just now installed.

The motors seems to wear out quicker because they cycle more often because of the computer controls.  Normally you only move the seat when you change drivers but most of the computer controlled seats cycle each time the car is shut down and the door is opened.  The computer moves the seat to a programed position, usually all the way back.  This means the motor runs more often.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck