Holley 94 question

Started by himmelberg, July 18, 2004, 06:31:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

himmelberg

Could someone help me with float setting dimensions on a Ford 15/16 version of the Holley 94? I'm guessing this is a model 2100 for which the dry float setting is 1 9/32".  

Also, I need to run a vacuum line to my distributor from the carb. Can I do this with copper tubing and fittings from my local hardware store? This carb worked marginally on the original 2v manifold.

Am now trying to set up 3 deuces and seem to be having fuel problems. The ignition checks out fine... the engine turns over... starts briefly then seems to choke itself out. Am assuming a vacuum leak at the vacuum line.

Thanks. himmelberg

enjenjo

Copper fittings will work. The original fittings used "Ford" nuts to hold the ends. You can still get them from some hardware stores, or they are still in the Weatherhead catalog.

With three carbs, you may have to tweak the timing to get it to run right. You might want to vacuum time it, that works good for me.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

MYRIDE

Quote from: "himmelberg"Could someone help me with float setting dimensions on a Ford 15/16 version of the Holley 94? I'm guessing this is a model 2100 for which the dry float setting is 1 9/32".  

Also, I need to run a vacuum line to my distributor from the carb. Can I do this with copper tubing and fittings from my local hardware store? This carb worked marginally on the original 2v manifold.

Am now trying to set up 3 deuces and seem to be having fuel problems. The ignition checks out fine... the engine turns over... starts briefly then seems to choke itself out. Am assuming a vacuum leak at the vacuum line.

Thanks. himmelberg

The best way to set the floats on my 2110's was to have them "level" when upside down. The biggest problem I had was jetting. I run a tri-power set up, no power valves in the outboard carbs, center carb jetted at 48, outboards at 40 on a warmed over 350. The other tweaks were making sure all three carbs run the same with a "uni-sync", takes awhile to get it right but well worth it in the end. You also want to make sure you've got between 2 - 21/2 lbs of fuel preassure into those carbs, any more and they will leak like a sieve.
"T*ts or Tires....both will cause you problems"   -Mainstreet Cruisers-
                     http://members.shaw.ca/mainstreetcruisers/