Atwood car show

Started by kb426, May 23, 2010, 03:16:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kb426

Here's a few pics from the Atwood Ks. rodrun. Does anybody know what the orange cloth material in the chevy is?
TEAM SMART

Carnut

Well that orange material looks like it should be naugahyde. If it ain't it should be.

Where's the pics of the Green 32 Hiboy Pickup?

kb426

It's not. It's cloth. Because I don't want the sweaty feel all summer, I was really interested in what it was. When we went to the drag strip, I wasn't able to catch the owner. I never saw anybody around the car at any time other than lookers. The drags were no time, tree start 1/8 mile style. Because I made 2 laps, I really didn't get to see what was fast and not.
TEAM SMART

UGLY OLDS

1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

kb426

I'm familiar with ultra leather. It's great but not in the theme of my truck. This stuff felt like regular cloth.
TEAM SMART

river1

i have sent this to a friend who does interiors for a living. we'll see what he has to say.

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

34ford

if you click on the picture it opens it up in a more high def pic and you can see the texture of the material. :D

Bruce Dorsi

I can't say what the upholstery cloth is that you saw, but I do know that there are now fabrics for boat upholstery and outdoor furniture that are waterproof and UV resistant.  ....They have a cloth-like texture and are not like vinyl or the old plastic webbing on lawn furniture.

I have seen samples of these fabrics in Fabric Supply (sewing) stores and in Interior Design (upholstery/decorator) shops.   .....You could also inquire at an automotive upholstery shop.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

If being smart means knowing what I am dumb at,  I must be a genius!

river1

Quote from: "river1"i have sent this to a friend who does interiors for a living. we'll see what he has to say.

later jim

he got back to me :P

he doesn't know what it is called but thinks he has seen it in sample books. he also said it was a little hard to tell from the photo what it was exactly.

sorry he couldn't have been more help.

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

kb426

TEAM SMART