The BBQ is just about ready to make some smoke

Started by Roadstar, July 18, 2004, 02:04:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roadstar

Just wanted to say what a great time I had hanging out with everyone today working on the BBQ trailer.

Franks garage is cool to work in, if you need something you just make it.  

I still can't belive Brian came all the way from Florida to help out...That RULED!!!

I'm really tired, me and Denise put a couple of hundred miles on the 40 today(lots of those miles with the air blowing cold :D )

She took lots of pics along with everyone else so I'm sure lots will  be posted in the morning.

George you are really cool man.

Frank, thanks again for feeding us all again, and having some cold coors lite in the fridge.

I look forward to our next get togeather.

SKR8PN

COORS LIGHT!!!!!!!! HE EVEN HAD MY BEER??????
Somedays,it doesn't PAY to get outta bed......
I went to the nursing home,to visit Mom, and caught he!! for not coming in sooner :roll:
I should have gone to Swanton...............
I would have STILL caught he!!,but I probably wouldn't have CARED :lol:
Pictures???????
If we are what we eat.........
Then I am fast,cheap and easy.

Roadstar

Thanks Frank :D

And Happy birthday :b-d:

Now go get some sleep.....

HotRodLadyCrusr

Once again it was great to hang out with lots of cool friends.  What an AWESOME suprise to see Rayvyn there when we arrived.  It was a pleasure to hang out and get to know him better.  I'm looking forward to more time being spent just hanging out on that grill in the future together.

I did take lots-o-photos but my camera's battery is dead and my camera case with extra batteries is in VooDoo Child.  I'll see what I can work out and post my photos asap.

Thanks to everyone for a GREAT day!
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

Charlie Chops 1940

I commented to OBT as we ambled home in the gathering thunderstorms, that we were once again fortunate to spend a day in the company of more of our special friends. It was, indeed, our pleasure.

Of course, by the time we left we were sated with good food, a couple brewskis and Denises chocolate chip cookies. Pretty tough to beat!

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

enjenjo

We had an awesome build day, it ran from 9 am until 11 last night. We got a lot done, the grille is nearly ready to fire. The whloe rig will be roadworthy with just a little more work. I see no problem making Louisville with it.

I want to thank our whole build team. not just the ones there yesterday, but those who have been here for the other build days, and those who couldn't be here, but sent parts, and other things we needed to make this happen. this is a great bunch of people, and it makes all the time spent on this site worth it. I know I have made many friends I will have for the rest of my life, and that is the important thing to me.

Yes, Rayvyn was the surprise, he flew up from Florida, just for our build day, and as much as he got done, it was worth it having him here.

Just for information Denise and Bryan both have blood invested in the BBQ. there may be others, but those two I saw.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

purplepickup

Yes, it was definitely a great day at another monster cooker build. :D It was really nice to get together again.  Besides some real classy work, the day was full of joking around at the expense of whoever seemed to deserve it at the moment.  

Total roll call was:  Charlie Chops, Ohio Blue Tip (Ken), GPster (Joe), Hotrodgirl(Shelby), enjenjo, Mrs enjenjo, Fat Cat, his son Josh (who hit a tree dead center with his 3 wheeler....takes after his dad), Roadstar (Rudy), Denise, and enjenjo's mom and dad (another Frank).  And what a great surprise to see that Rayvnn (Bryan) flew up from Florida just to be there.....kinda makes ya feel all misty.  Besides adding to the shenanegans, he used his fabricating skills to build the grill control panel, drip pan, gas plumbing, and most everything else it took to finish up the grill.  We drove enjenjo nuts by asking where this or that was at in the shop.....and of course he had to fix all the tools we broke.

I didn't leave til almost 11pm and what a perfect night for the two hour drive home.  It was about 70 degrees and perfect for cruising with the windows down, just listening to the music of the pipes and a head full of the memories of the day to keep me smiling. :D

I'll post some pictures later.
George

HotRodLadyCrusr

Found some regualr batteries lying around the house so I was able to upload my pictures to my harddrive.
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

Roadstar

With all the SLIGHTLY Graying/thinning hair,SLIGHTLY rounded mid-sections and radiant personalities that were present....looks like I would have fit right in :) Look forward to seeing everyone at the Nat's!

Jim,Glad to hear your Mom is doing well....Bet you're quite happy that she's still around to give you he!!
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

river1

Quote from: "HotRodLadyCrusr"I did take lots-o-photos but my camera's battery is dead and my camera case with extra batteries is in VooDoo Child.  I'll see what I can work out and post my photos asap.

denise, you need to get a card reader. they hook up via your USB port and have slots to plug your memory card into it. your computer reads it as another disc/hard drive. you wont waste your battery power and is usually faster then useing your camera. here is a link to one from amazon but your local store will have them also.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0000AKVHF/ref=pd_bxgy_text_1/104-0450373-5047914?v=glance&s=electronics&st=*

you can usually find them in the 15 to 30 dollar range. if you usually have friends that want to download on your computer get one that has a lot of slots.

later jim[/url]
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

purplepickup

Denise your pictures turned out really good.  Here's a few I took.

Rudy working on slide out shelf next to the grill

Some of Bryan's handiwork on the grill

A closeup of the cool grinder marks.

The boiler/french fryer/stewpot.  Notice the shift lever lid handle.  The lid is just a prototype and it works perfect.  Now we need to get a really cool hubcap.

Dinner is just starting to boil

We added the tube steaks after a while

Bryan getting pinched....and liking it  :-o

Diggin' in

Our chef Ken, showing us a trick with a hotdog

I've got a feeling this trailer is going to see a lot of this kind of action.  It's a perfect gathering place even when we weren't eating.  Kinda like hanging out in the kitchen at a party.
[/b]
George

KustomLincolnLady

:cry:  :cry:  :cry:   Man, I can't belive I missed all that  :roll: , I kinda hate all of you right now    :wink:
Debb

Looks like a really great time, sure wish we had been there.

Rayvyn

Quote from: "Roadstar"Just wanted to say what a great time I had hanging out with everyone today working on the BBQ trailer.

Franks garage is cool to work in, if you need something you just make it.  

I still can't belive Brian came all the way from Florida to help out...That RULED!!!

I'm really tired, me and Denise put a couple of hundred miles on the 40 today(lots of those miles with the air blowing cold :D )

She took lots of pics along with everyone else so I'm sure lots will  be posted in the morning.

George you are really cool man.

Frank, thanks again for feeding us all again, and having some cold coors lite in the fridge.

I look forward to our next get togeather.

Rudy, It was great meeting you. Beautiful ride you have there.

Thanks again to everyone who stopped by and made my visit very memorable. I thoroughly enjoyed myself and can't say enough about the great folks I spent the weekend with.

George, next time you have to bring the dog. We could've riveted a pork chop to FatCat's hind end and had Murph chase him around the property...!!

And a very special Thank You to Frank and his wife Cheryl for having me there.

I'll post a few pics tomorrow.

See ya'll in a couple of weeks...!! :D  :D  :D  :D  :D
***SFC-Team Smart***

What can a bird do that a man can\'t?

Whistle through his pecker...