Motorcycle accident

Started by enjenjo, April 22, 2010, 09:56:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

enjenjo

A car did a left turn in front of a Harly dresser yesterday just down the street. Fortunately he had enough warning that he was going slow enough to excape serious injury, but he still got a good dose of road rash. The reason I no longer ride.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

wayne petty

this is kinda off thread.. but really important...

road rash.. and burns...

do not use peroxide to clean them..   the peroxide oxidizes the edges of the skin.. confuses the skin cells.. they don't know which way to grow so it leaves a scar..   alcohol does similar things...

regular tap water to clean them if distilled or bottled spring water is not available.. then distilled water.  let the plasma fill any openings and dry..   once it hardens in a few hours.. use triple antibiotic ointment on the surface to keep it soft..   5 or 6 times a day.

letting it dry... then keeping it soft with the ointment. reduces the need for bandages.

you will notice that scab stays soft. does not shrink tight and amazingly ... gets smaller day by day.. until it's gone..

i had 20% of my left hand burned with second degree burns.. i figured this out and don't have a scar at all.. i was also able to use my hand after a few days ..

348tripower

Quote from: "wayne petty"this is kinda off thread.. but really important...

road rash.. and burns...

do not use peroxide to clean them..   the peroxide oxidizes the edges of the skin.. confuses the skin cells.. they don't know which way to grow so it leaves a scar..   alcohol does similar things...

regular tap water to clean them if distilled or bottled spring water is not available.. then distilled water.  let the plasma fill any openings and dry..   once it hardens in a few hours.. use triple antibiotic ointment on the surface to keep it soft..   5 or 6 times a day.

letting it dry... then keeping it soft with the ointment. reduces the need for bandages.

you will notice that scab stays soft. does not shrink tight and amazingly ... gets smaller day by day.. until it's gone..

i had 20% of my left hand burned with second degree burns.. i figured this out and don't have a scar at all.. i was also able to use my hand after a few days ..

Wayne,
You never cease to amaze me.  :D
Don Colliau

Carnut

Also a reason I don't ride anymore in addition to just plain lack of awareness now on my own part.

Just wait till the individual jetpacs and flying cars get going with drunk drivers.

Won't be safe anywhere from falling objects.

GPster

Quote from: "Carnut"Also a reason I don't ride anymore in addition to just plain lack of awareness now on my own part.
Just wait till the individual jetpacs and flying cars get going with drunk drivers.
Won't be safe anywhere from falling objects.
That lack of awareness is one of the reasons I don't ride too. That and I've lost my balance. I'd probably be trying to deide if I should shift and just fall over with too many things to think about. Those are all good points Wayne but by the time I woke up I was all healed. One of these days I'll see a big motorcycle that's been wrecked but not totaled so that the neck and forks still have a title and I'll start planning a 3 wheeler with that 4.3 . GPster

57larry

I sold my bike a few yrs ago but kept my wizzard. it's fast enough for me now

rumrumm

We have had two guys killed on bikes in our area during the last month when they collided with deer. Pretty ugly. I'm thankful I don't ride a bike.
Lynn
'32 3W

I write novels, too. https://lsjohanson.com

tomslik

i'll keep ridin'
gotta die from something...

kinda surprised crosley ain't bought another 2 wheeled accord yet :P
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it\'s still on my list

Crosley.In.AZ

We had a truck driver on meth that ran over 9 motorcyclists, killed 4 of them as I recall.    I hope the basssturd is killed in prison

The f- up  economy has ruined  any hope I have  of  early retirement and another  Goldwing  for several years
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

junkyardjeff

I had a young lady probably on the phone roll into me at a light and a bunch of people pull out in front of me but its not going to keep me from riding as I enjoy it too much to give it up because of the idiots.

jaybee

I haven't had a bike in years.  Didn't really make a conscious decision to stop riding, just sold the bike and never bought another.  That said I'm not entirely comfortable with it anymore.  The only time I ever went down on the street it was because someone cut a right angle corner so short there was no room for me.  It didn't stop me from riding at the time, had 2 more bikes after that, but these days it just seems a little too exposed for my taste.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

OldSub

I gave up riding about ten years ago when I decided I was no longer alert enough to ride defensively enough.  I find driving a Corvette with the top off is almost the same feeling but feels safer.

I've been building a bike in my mind but admitted recently that I don't actually intend to ride it...

Steve@OldSub.com
www.OldSub.com . www.MaxwellGarage.com . www.OldGasTowRigs.com

Danimal

I had a '67 Honda 305 Scrambler when I was 15. I live in the country so I ran back and forth to my buddies house. That was until the paperman came around the curve on my side of the road and hit me. I bounced off of him but watched that dent go by every day afterward when he delivered paper. I discovered that people don't care about you or the road and he didn't care enough to get the car fixed so I gave it up. It went in the barn and when I was in my 20s I gave it away.

kb426

I'm still a rider but my area isn't heavy populated. We have animals but not as many as places with lots of trees. That said, I don't ride in the dark because of various reasons. I just try to be really careful and act like everybody is out to run over me.
TEAM SMART

purplepickup

I still ride but a lot less than I used to.  I've already barely missed two deer this year and had a texter pull into my lane with me fully visible right next to her front fender.  I saw that she was distracted by something and was watching her.  

Being alert and defensive is a must but there are still too many idiots to see them all.
George