Hot Rod Deluxe

Started by enjenjo, April 07, 2010, 11:22:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

enjenjo

I have been looking at this magazine the last few issues, it's turning into a great read. They are data mining the archives at Peterson Publishing, and coming up with some great historical aricles. I can highly recommend it.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

river1

i agree, it is one of my current fav reads

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

Uncle Bob

Luck occurs when preparation and opportunity meet.

Crosley.In.AZ

OK, I will check it out.

Jim...  don't use that phrase "fav"

:shock:
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Okiedokie

I also agree. Not many magazines that I will pay rack price for, that is one.

GPster

I've picked up a few issues in the past. They must pay their models better because none of them seemed to be covered with tattoos and they aren't standing in high heels with 3" thick soles on them. I didn't fret too much about the price because I usually found them in the grocery store and I just put them on my debit card with the groceries. I haven't seen them there recently. Thought I'd pick one up today so I went our magazine retailers store and they didn't have it. Must be getting popular around here when the news stand's shelves have been sold out. Guess I'll try the magazine racks at Advance and Auto Zone. It must be cheaper to read your own magazines when flying accross the country than watching the "In Flight" movies. I don't read while I'm driving because my cell phone might ring and I'll loose my place. GPster

kb426

I bought the last 2. Not bad.
TEAM SMART

GPster

Well, I bombed out at Advance and Auto Zone. Still got two more grocery stores to check. Ordinarily I would let it pass but I'm looking for something to read. I'm kind of mad about the latest Rodder's Journal. The history was the reason I subscribed to it. The latest issue is their 15th Anniversary and the history that they're talking about is their own. They've just gone back into their archieves and pulled one picture of some of thei featured vehicles and the picture's caption is the extent of that vehicles history. It's kind of a "Coffee Table" book or something that they could make a calendar out of. GPster

enjenjo

Quote from: "GPster"Well, I bombed out at Advance and Auto Zone. Still got two more grocery stores to check. Ordinarily I would let it pass but I'm looking for something to read. I'm kind of mad about the latest Rodder's Journal. The history was the reason I subscribed to it. The latest issue is their 15th Anniversary and the history that they're talking about is their own. They've just gone back into their archieves and pulled one picture of some of thei featured vehicles and the picture's caption is the extent of that vehicles history. It's kind of a "Coffee Table" book or something that they could make a calendar out of. GPster

I noticed that too. I was also disappointed.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

phat rat

Disappointed here also. If it continues my subscription won't. Joe glad to hear you don't read a magazine while driving. It can get confusing between texting and reading.  :lol:
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

GPster

Quote from: "phat rat"Disappointed here also. If it continues my subscription won't. Joe glad to hear you don't read a magazine while driving. It can get confusing between texting and reading.  :lol:
It's confusing enough for me reading road signs and bullboards. Some tell me where I should want to go and some tell me where I'll end up. GPster

wchappo

GPster,that's why i never get lost,everyone tells me where to go :shock: Chappo

57larry

I read it while the old lady is grocery shopping. When she's done, I'm done

UGLY OLDS

I glanced at one during a recent shopping trip with the boss...Neat articles.. 8)
If anyone is interested, I have a full set of the "originals" available. )bye(  

Bob............ :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

Crosley.In.AZ

What is the real purpose of a coffee table book?  To hold the table down ?  Look pretty?

:?
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)