New member from Downunder

Started by sal37, July 16, 2004, 06:40:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sal37

Hi
I have been lurking in the background for some time and have enjoyed the highs and the lows of all the members of this forum.  I thought it was time to say Hi especially seeing that I will be in the US for three weeks in August 2004 (with Pope Downunder) - Louisville Nationals and Bonneville among other great places and hope to meet some of you.

I'm currently working on a 37 Ford Club Coupe.  The chassis work is pretty complete but the body needs some work (EMS panels arriving shortly).  I want to build the car with a nostalga look - white walls, etc but with modern, hopefully reliable running gear (350 chev, T700, 9").

Regards

Steve

enjenjo

Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Ohio Blue Tip

Welcome aboard, we'll be looken for you in Louisville.  Bring some Emu for the grill. :lol:  :lol:
Some people try to turn back their odometers
Not me, I want people to know "why" I look this way.
I\'ve traveled a long way and some of the
roads weren\'t paved.

Ken

rooster

Welcome ! Im sure you guys will enjoy the Nationals an Bonniville! Have a 37 myself, keep us informed of your progress!

OzRod

Welcome aboard mate!

Wish i could afford to go. I need a holiday too.

HotRodLadyCrusr

Hi Steve, welcome out of lurker statis..... BUT if you and PopeDownunder do not take me up on my offer of accomodations and car while your in Dearborn, I will not talk to you at the Nats or tell you were the cool cruzn action is in Detroit!  :shock:

This is the perfect opportunity to apply some per pressure to you two from folks on this board that know me.  I have plenty of room, you will not be in the way, nor will you be inviting yourselves, I made the offer to Pope and it came from my heart.  It certainly will make things alot easier, I'm centrally located.  Staying in Dearborn offers no advantages unless of course you two plan on picking up stranger women and having your way with them, and if thats the case, by all means, you two will need your privacy.  BUT I have a king size bed in my guest room and a double and single bed downstairs in the dormatory.

I have laundry facilities that you guys will need after a long weekend in L'ville and before you hit the Salt.  Also, my folks live 5 houses down the street and have so many extra daily drivers laying around it'd be a shame to give a car rental place your money.  None of them are fancy but they will get you from point A to poin B.  PLUS, if you guys stay at my place you can actually head out to the cruzn action in hot rods.  Dad has a '37 Ford convert and a '56 Olds Pro-tourer.  I've got Big Olds and by then Beatnik, who only lives 2 miles away, will have his roaster roadworthy, not to mention Roadstar has a cool '40 to cop a ride in.  So many cool cars to choose from.

Just thinking about it now, you might not even know that I offered you guys a place to crash and a daily driver while here in town and that I was turned down.  :cry:   My feelings are hurt that you guys don't want to stay with me. :?   But you can make it up to me by staying  :lol:

I don't bite, you can ask your Aussie mate Mike Davison, Flathead Attack.  I met him and his buddy Dooley at L'ville last year, found out they we're coming to town, offered them a place to stay, they took me up on it, we had a great time, they made it out alive.  :lol:

Now, if there is another reason that you guys want your privacy, by all means, I'll completely understand, I won't like it, but I'll understand.

BTW: I'm 10 miles to the airport, 10 miles to The Henry Ford Museum, and about 15 miles to Woodward which should be hoping by the time you guys get here.

Think about it and let me know.  Here's my address, you can mapquest it and see how close I am to lots of stuff in Detroit.

29129 Oriole
Livonia,MI 48154
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

1FATGMC

Quote from: "sal37"Hi
I have been lurking in the background for some time and have enjoyed the highs and the lows of all the members of this forum.  I thought it was time to say Hi especially seeing that I will be in the US for three weeks in August 2004 (with Pope Downunder) - Louisville Nationals and Bonneville among other great places and hope to meet some of you.

I'm currently working on a 37 Ford Club Coupe.  The chassis work is pretty complete but the body needs some work (EMS panels arriving shortly).  I want to build the car with a nostalga look - white walls, etc but with modern, hopefully reliable running gear (350 chev, T700, 9").

Regards

Steve

Welcome and I'll look forward to spending some time with you guys on the salt.

c ya, Sum

Welcome....See Ya in Louiseville :P
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

Nick32Vic

Welcome Steve,

37clbcpe on here has a 37 Ford Club Coupe. He doesnt post much though. He just lurks. His has a Heidts front suspension (i think) with a 350 Chevy. heres a pic of his car.

Nick

Sean

QuoteWelcome aboard, we'll be looken for you in Louisville. Bring some Emu for the grill

Welcome to the RRT. Don't bring any Emu for me though, I tried it a couple weeks ago and ended up spitting it out. Stuff was so tender, it seemed like it had already been chewed, I like my food to have a little texture to it...

Carps

Geez, more bloody Aussies, what's the world coming to?

Welcome aboard bloke, theres some pretty decent folks here and I can ssure you they'll show you the best time you ever had whenever you catch up with any of them.  

Just make sure to be ready to run when Enjenjo starts takin his cloths off... :wink:
Carps

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift.

SKR8PN

Welcome aboard Steve!  Please take Denise up on her offer.....
I can't STAND to see a woman cry...........
Besides that,she makes KILLER chocolate chip cookies.
What MORE could you ask for?????????
If we are what we eat.........
Then I am fast,cheap and easy.

Bob K

Welcome aboard Steve. Any friend of Niel's is a friend of ?????????, Oh yeah mine. What the heck am I talking about, I haven't met Niel yet either. OH well I'll see you both in Louisville.

B :oops: B
Have you ever wondered how your mother knew enough about people like me to warn you about us?

Pope Downunder

Quote from: "HotRodLadyCrusr"Hi Steve, welcome out of lurker statis..... BUT if you and PopeDownunder do not take me up on my offer of accomodations and car while your in Dearborn, I will not talk to you at the Nats or tell you were the cool cruzn action is in Detroit!  :shock:

snip

Denise,
You have mail.
I am very sorry if I hurt your feelings; that certainly wasn't my intent.  :oops:
We will, of course, take-up the offer, if it is still open.

HotRodLadyCrusr

I was just pulling your leg trying to convince you two to stay.  I'm glad you changed your mind, it will be lots of fun and cost a whole lot less too.

If you need to order any car parts to take back home, feel free to have them shipped to my place.  They can be here waiting for your arrival.  You've got my address.

See you in L'ville.
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.