My Sheds Alittle Empty Now.......

Started by HotRodLadyCrusr, March 24, 2010, 10:54:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HotRodLadyCrusr

....BUT there's a guy in Oakey Queensland whos shed is going to be alittle fuller very soon.

As some might know I purchased a second 1947 Oldsmobile convertible a couple of years ago.  

The plan was to do a taildragger outta it.  After thinking about it for awhile and not starting on it I decided to let it go to someone who had more energy, time and money to do the car up right and low and behold that person lives in Oakey Queensland.

"Rusty Olds" as I affectionately call him, left yesterday on a transporter heading to Long Beach, California where he'll be put in a container for the trip over the pond.  The sale was painless and went flawlessly.

I'm standing in front of my house.  The transporter was so tall he could not pull down my street because of the trees.  He had to go around the block and come down the other street and then backed down my street just alittle bit.  I sat on the seat springs and steered Rusty Olds outta the garage, down my driveway, and down the street to the transporter.  Gary the driver pushed and made voom voom sounds....seriously.  He made my last "ride" in Rusty Olds very memorable.

I never really saw one of these 10 car transporters up close, not moving, where I could actually check out all the details.

The owner/operator was really cool and about my age.  He's second generation and started his own company 7 years ago.  He's a car guy outta the Springfield MO area with the nickname Rooster therefore he named his transportation company Mr Roosters.  
http://www.go-rooster.com/
He answered all my questions as he was loading Rusty Olds

He runs strictly from Detroit to Cleveland, Indy, StLouis, Phx, San Diego then LA.

Bye Bye Rusty Olds......Livonia's loss is Queensland's gain.  I wonder how many 1947 Oldsmobile convertibles are in Austrialia??

What am I going to do with all this room now???
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

enjenjo

Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

GPster

I thought the idea was to sell it and inlarge your kitchen. Did you get the parts you need for his brother? GPster

kb426

I'll be right over with some stuff! :lol:
TEAM SMART

jaybee

Cool story!  Seeing Rusty and his brother side by side gives a little appreciation for all that's been done to Big Olds, too.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

HotRodLadyCrusr

Quote from: "enjenjo"Now you can finish the kitchen.

Exactly!  The sale of rusty Olds paid for the Brazilan Eboney hardwood floor, all 401 SF of it :shock: , the granite countertop and the stainless and glass backsplash.  

I'm seriously thinking of buying and turning a few cars per year.  I really like this extra income.

HotRodLadyCrusr

Quote from: "GPster"I thought the idea was to sell it and inlarge your kitchen. Did you get the parts you need for his brother? GPster

I did enlarge the kitchen.  I started Dec 17th and am just about done.  I went from the kitchen you remember to over 400 sf.  All new everything.  We took everything out, down to the studs in some places.

HotRodLadyCrusr

Quote from: "kb426"I'll be right over with some stuff! :lol:

I'm sure I'll fill it up with my own stuff soon enough.  :lol:

HotRodLadyCrusr

Quote from: "jaybee"Cool story!  Seeing Rusty and his brother side by side gives a little appreciation for all that's been done to Big Olds, too.

It was truely amazing to see those two sitting side by side in person and seeing all the differences up close.

river1

Quote from: "HotRodLadyCrusr"down to the studs in some places.

and we all know how you like your studs ~:)  ~:)
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

57larry

since you now have room in the garage, how about a nice workbench and some tools in it

reborn55

Sorry to see to go--was kinda hoping to see another step by step build---but I am sure we will see it built over time.  Enjoy the extra income :D

enjenjo

Quote from: "57larry"since you now have room in the garage, how about a nice workbench and some tools in it

She has both. Does need a good vice though.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Crosley.In.AZ

Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

HotRodLadyCrusr

Quote from: "river1"

and we all know how you like your studs ~:)  ~:)

You know me only two well bud! :wink: