Newport Eng, wiper kits

Started by Topsterguy, February 09, 2010, 02:17:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Topsterguy

Hey Folks!  I'm thinking about getting one of the dual wiper kits that Newport Engineering has for '40 Ford pickups for mine. Anyone used one of their kits? Easy to put in? Work smooth etc? How do they compare to other kits? Any other feedback?  Thanks!
"If a man is alone in the forest and speaks, and there\'s no woman around, is he still wrong?"

WZ JUNK

Quote from: "Topsterguy"Hey Folks!  I'm thinking about getting one of the dual wiper kits that Newport Engineering has for '40 Ford pickups for mine. Anyone used one of their kits? Easy to put in? Work smooth etc? How do they compare to other kits? Any other feedback?  Thanks!

I have used several of their wiper motors. I have had absolutely no problems and I would not use any other brand unless Newport did not make one for a particular application.  I have found that you can save a few bucks by buying from one of their vendors than by buying it directly from Newport.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

phat46

Another reccomendation for them. I had a minor problem with a Newport unit once and I made it worse by trying to fix it. I sent it back after calling and asking for advise. They fixed  the problem very quickly and sent it back...didn't charge me a penny!

Topsterguy

Quote from: "WZ JUNK"
Quote from: "Topsterguy"Hey Folks!  I'm thinking about getting one of the dual wiper kits that Newport Engineering has for '40 Ford pickups for mine. Anyone used one of their kits? Easy to put in? Work smooth etc? How do they compare to other kits? Any other feedback?  Thanks!

I have used several of their wiper motors. I have had absolutely no problems and I would not use any other brand unless Newport did not make one for a particular application.  I have found that you can save a few bucks by buying from one of their vendors than by buying it directly from Newport.

John

Hey John!    Yeah I've heard nothing but positive about them. I checked Yogi's for a price but they're the same as Newport- $349. Any other dealer you know of that might have a good price?  Thanks!   Larry
"If a man is alone in the forest and speaks, and there\'s no woman around, is he still wrong?"

enjenjo

See if Mac's has it. They carry some of the Newport stuff for cars, don't know about trucks
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Topsterguy

Quote from: "enjenjo"See if Mac's has it. They carry some of the Newport stuff for cars, don't know about trucks

Thanks Jo!   I checked there and they have a kit kisted for the 40 pickup but not the one I want, and it's $420. It puts the wipers above the windshield !??? I ordered one from Newport - they seem to have the best price.   Larry

Okiedokie

Have a friend who just installed the 40 pu setup. He was impressed. I have used several Newport units, have three now, never a problem.

Topsterguy

As always, thanks a lot folks........much appreciated!   Larry

48bill

I have their units in both the 48 Chev and the 48 F-1.  The Chev has been in for about 15 years and the F-1 for 10+.  Great products.

The owners Bob & Linda are great people also.  Strong on service and customer relations.  He is an open wheel racer also.
48bill
Bill C from Connecticut
48 Chevrolet Cabriolet