Jay Carine AKA C9 Passed Away

Started by HotRodLadyCrusr, November 23, 2009, 02:25:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HotRodLadyCrusr

He had massive bleeding in his brain and was life-flighteed to Las Vegas.  There was nothing the doctors could do.

My heartfelt condolences to his family and legions of friends. :cry:
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

HotRodLadyCrusr

Copied from the HAMB

Hello everyone---This is Jay's wife Gay. I'm so, so sorry that all of you found out the way you did. Writing all of you was on my list of things to do, but I seem kind of paralysed {wrong sp,}. He died Sun. Nov. 15 of a massive brain bleed. They air lifted him from here to Vegas. Our daughter and son{inlaw{ live there and were able to meet the helicopter and walk into the hospital with him. Deb,daughter and I got there about 3 hours later. He was gone probably before we got there but they kept him on life support as long as we need him. Our pregnant granddaughter and boyfriend were able to be there, too. Our other two grandchildren live out of state. We thank all of you for your messages today. I especially liked the ones about him driving on the heavenly roads. C9 used that name because our last name is Carnine. We will be reading further posts. We are so deeply sorry for the loss of such an awesome, wise, loving, super intelligent man.
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

enjenjo

This hits me hard. I last talked to him a few months ago. I had been through Kingman several times lately but had no time to stop. I will miss him. Go in peace Jay.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

river1

Godspeed to a rodder's rodder

:(  :(  :(  :(  :(  :(
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

GPster

I enjoyed reading his stories probably almost as much as he obviously enjoyed writting them. Whether he wrote fact or fantasy it was enjoyable. That will be missed. GPster

Gilles

Jay was very helpfull  for all the technicall problems I had to try on my 32 roadster. He took the time to answer me in this forum several times a few years ago. Even I never had the opportunity to meet him, I'm sure he was a very good personn. He  sent me to France, for free, 4 hubcaps that are still on my car. The book he wrote, California Hot Rodder is on a shelf with a few books that like the most. It's a very big miss.

Gilles

Charlie Chops 1940

Rest in peace Jay. God bless. I always wanted to meet you and regret that it didn't happen. We'll all miss you deeply.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

zzford

I never got to meet Jay, but I feel that I knew him well. I always read anything that he had to say because I knew that it was well worth the time. I feel a deep personal loss at his passing and I pray that God will comfort his family. God bless you my friend and thanks for being a part of my life.

Carps

Carps

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift.

rumrumm

Although I did not have the pleasure of knowing Jay personally, I read all of his postings because of his well-written, informative answers. My condolences to his family and friends. Our loss is heaven's gain. RIP Jay.
Lynn
'32 3W

I write novels, too. https://lsjohanson.com

Crosley.In.AZ

sad to read this.

I never met Jay  in person...  we chatted via the internet and i sent him some t-400 parts a few years back for the car he was building.

Condolences to Gay and her family for the loss of Jay way too soon.... Jay always called his wife Sweetie when he told a story that included her
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

tomslik

[quote *! *! *! *!

I am numb.[/quote]

yeah, me too...:(
all that tallant, guess they needed him somewhere else....
wish i coulda met ya....
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it\'s still on my list

purplepickup

What a terrible loss!  Jay had the talent to let you understand who he was and allow you to feel close.  I never met him but I knew him well from his writings.  He will be sorely missed.

My condolences go out to his family.
George

unklian

A terrible loss.    :shock:  :shock:  :shock:

Godspeed Jay.

Danimal

Quote from: "tomslik"[quote *! *! *! *!

I am numb.

yeah, me too...:(
all that tallant, guess they needed him somewhere else....
wish i coulda met ya....[/quote]

Me three. Great intellect and great stories.