Saved hotrod shows gone

Started by Fuzzy, November 19, 2009, 06:13:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fuzzy

Be careful what you save on your DVR.I'm upgrading to a HD DVR,and
Direct Tv is telling me they can't download what I have saved on my old DVR to the new one.All the car related shows I have saved will be gone,
and there are a bunch.Haven't even watched a lot of them yet.I'm not very happy with the whole situation.

Fuzzy
No billet for this kid!

MrMopar64

You can burn them to DVD if you have the right stuff in your 'puter
Don't ask what stuff cuz I don't know  :oops: I just know my son does it  :wink:

MM64  8)
www.rgkustoms.com
www.rg-kustoms.com
Racing.... Because Baseball, Football, & Basketball
Only Require One Ball..... Gotta Race
  :lol:

Fuzzy

If I ask the neighbor's 8 yr. old,he'll probably know how to do it.

Fuzz
No billet for this kid!

57larry

I wished I would have save Boyd's show, there are some episodes I missed

kb426

I know nothing about direct tv dvr's but this is where I would spend some time googling to find the answer. I know they have a hard drive so it should be doable unless there is a copy protection.
TEAM SMART

HotRodLadyCrusr

The Motorola DVR boxes the cable company I work for does not have the option of copying the programming to DVD or CD's either.  I believe the reason is there is no USB port to plug in a laptop to copy it to.

If you really want to view what you have saved on that DVR don't give it back to Direct TV yet.  Keep it for awhile connected to another TV.  Watch the programs you haven't seen yet, watch the other ones again and when you've had enough turn it in.  So it costs you $8 or $9 dollars a month.  Consider yourself fortunate that you were able to save and watch what you did for as long as you did.  Those machines only have a certain lifespan.  None of those boxes are going to last forever.
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

kb426

It's my understanding that all dvr's have a hard drive inside them. By removing the drive and plugging into the spare motherboard connector, a guy should be able to copy all the files.
TEAM SMART

Fuzzy

Thanks for the info,I did watch some of it before Directv got here.He did say I've got 30 days to return it.I wish I knew that ahead of time.It does have a USB port on it so I'll do some experimenting after Thanksgiving.
Denise,I forgot you worked for a cable company.HD----love it!

Fuzzy
No billet for this kid!