1966 Biscayne

Started by Crosley.In.AZ, October 29, 2009, 10:09:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crosley.In.AZ

A 1966 Biscayne car in the shop  for adjustments to the t-400 trans.

Plain jane old car, fresh resto on the car....

You look at the photos and see most stuff there is high zoot - HD stuff.

All aluminum Merlin motor of 540 cid.  After a few test drives i can say this car will  get with it
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

enjenjo

I've  owned a couple of them, not with a motor like that though.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

OldSub

That brings back memories of the '65 Impala I had in college.  Cast iron 396 instead of the Merlin...

Steve@OldSub.com
www.OldSub.com . www.MaxwellGarage.com . www.OldGasTowRigs.com

Rrumbler

Ah, but those are the bestest kind of old cars; love them sleepers.  However, I have a hard time keeping the noises and a few giveaway details like wide rear tires hidden away, and mostly, can't keep my foot out of the carburetor.
Rrumbler - Older, grouchier, broken; but not completely dead, yet.

GPster

Quote from: "OldSub"That brings back memories of the '65 Impala I had in college.  Cast iron 396 instead of the Merlin...
When I was in High School one senior's father had promised him a new car if he graduated. Spring of '64 came and it looked like the father was going to have to make good on the deal. When he tried to order a '64 impala with a 409 he was told thaat it was too late because they were already accepting orders for the '65s. His boy told him he wanted a 2dr with the big engine (thinking 409) and he was disappointed when he got a Biscane 2dr sedan with a 396. He was a high school graduate and he knew that 409 was bigger than 396. GPster

Danimal

Are those Torca clamps on the exhaust or are the V clamps? Hard to tell but if they are Torca, someone knows someone or spent a dollar two ninety eight on that system.

Good thing a 396 is bigger than a 409. So glad my boy knows a 327 is cooler than any old 350.

phat rat

That style clamp is available from Summit.

http://www.summitracing.com/search/?keyword=exhaust%20clamp&dds=1

I have that style on the cpe they work great.
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

chimp koose

dragrcr50

very nice car, i have a 65  i started and quit on 3 yrs ago id sure like to sell was on rotisserre and all new chassis for bbc and 400 no rust  etc  ...always liked those cars.... just got sidetracked  racin hooley hehe
ownerWoodard racing and hot rod shop in mustang oklahoma. My  specialty is gassers &  nostalgia race cars , love the salt,

Danimal

Quote from: "phat rat"That style clamp is available from Summit.

Gotcha. Torca makes those same types of clamps but what they incorporate is a zig zag notch in the pipe so you can get some excellent sealing. Most Dodge products still use it in OEM applications. I personally prefer Marmon clamps (V style) but they end up getting costly in a hurry.

I've been in exhaust for 12 years or so and that is usually the first thing I look at.

Uncle Bob

That car stirs a few memories, though mine was a '67 and only had a 468 and 4 speed.  That '66 looks to be a well done car.
Luck occurs when preparation and opportunity meet.

sirstude

I like it a lot. But of course, what else would you think, by my choice of cars.

Doug
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

39deluxe

I like that '66. I have been a '66 fan for years. I had an Impala 4 door hardtop,  an Impala 2 door hardtop with a 283 and a factory tach and a Caprice 2 door hardtop. This is the one I should have kept. It was yellow with a black vinyl  top and had all of the bells and whistles including the autotronic a/c. 396, turbo 400 buckets and console with gauges. power everything. A guy traded it in to the Mercedes dealer for a new car for his wife. She never drove in rain or any bad weather and it only had 21,000 miles.

I also have a bunch of '66 parts in the basement yet.

Tom

jaybee

Nice, nice car.  Stock looking enough you could smile really big when someone says "My Dad had one just like it."

Quote from: "phat rat"That style clamp is available from Summit.

They use a lot of these on the trucks at work but I didn't use any myself until recently.  I'll certainly use more in the future, what an easy way to get a mechanically solid connection with no leaks.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

tomslik

Quote from: "GPster"
Quote from: "OldSub"That brings back memories of the '65 Impala I had in college.  Cast iron 396 instead of the Merlin...
When I was in High School one senior's father had promised him a new car if he graduated. Spring of '64 came and it looked like the father was going to have to make good on the deal. When he tried to order a '64 impala with a 409 he was told thaat it was too late because they were already accepting orders for the '65s. His boy told him he wanted a 2dr with the big engine (thinking 409) and he was disappointed when he got a Biscane 2dr sedan with a 396. He was a high school graduate and he knew that 409 was bigger than 396. GPster

hmmm, 409's were available in 65...
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it\'s still on my list