Forest fires in AZ

Started by Crosley.In.AZ, July 05, 2004, 05:16:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crosley.In.AZ

If any of you folks read or watch the news you may have heard that AZ has a forest  fire season again.

The posted photo is about 100 miles south west of the fire.  We were driving along Queen Creek road near the I-10 freeway last week when I snapped this photo out the window of my Silverado truck.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

phat46

Quote from: "Crosley"If any of you folks read or watch the news you may have heard that AZ has a forest  fire season again.

The posted photo is about 100 miles south west of the fire.  We were driving along Queen Creek road near the I-10 freeway last week when I snapped this photo out the window of my Silverado truck.

CRAP! That doesn't look good! I hadn't heard about any fires in AZ, just the huge one in Alaska.
 We couldn't start a forest fire here with a gas can and a torch, lots of rain this year so far and pretty mild temps too.

1FATGMC

Quote from: "Crosley"If any of you folks read or watch the news you may have heard that AZ has a forest  fire season again.

Most days the smoke from that fire has been coming up into SE Utah and our visibility is really down and you can even smell it here some days.  

We had one small fire west of town that burnt for a week or so a while back, but have been really lucky we haven't had more.

Since mid April we have had one small shower that just barely made the dirt in the garden muddy.  We need rain bad!!

c ya if I can,  Sum

moparrodder

Man that sucks!  I saw in the news that it is threatening a 120 million dollar telescope too.  I haven't fought any forest fires yet but have a lot of grass fires in set aside acres where hundersa of acres have been burnt and some farm out buildings, man they are wicked and hard to fight cause like the forest fires they create their own wind and draft so they run rampid.  We are lucky there is a lot of green row crop bordering most of the set aside acres and that helps slow or stop it but that changes just before harvest as it burns just as fast.  I can only imagine what a forest fire would be to fight and it looks pretty grim as it isn't like a grass fire where you can attack it without dodgen trees.  I'll say a prayer to the good lord above for some much needed rain for you folks out west, it sure can't hurt.      Bill