Engine block - chevy small block

Started by Crosley.In.AZ, September 25, 2009, 09:58:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crosley.In.AZ

I picked up my engine block and related parts from the machine shop today.

it is simple 383 cid conversion on this 350 V8 2 bolt  main  block. 5.7 length rods with hypereutectic pistons.

I will keep the nitrous down to 100 or 125 hp  shot

Length of time at the shop?  just a fuzz over 7 yrs.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

C9

Geez . . . and I thought I was patient when I waited one year for the roll bar tubing to come in and another time when I waited one year for the 32 rear axle bumpers from Drake.

I think Drake advertised them before they had them in stock.
Otherwise an ok outfit to deal with.
C9

Sailing the turquoise canyons of the Arizona desert.

Crosley.In.AZ

C9 ....  lol , you were patient.

I took this block and parts to the guy and told him it was no hurry.  He is a long time friend -  a one man shop.

the project was pushed off to the side and basically forgotten for many long years.

the past few months I asked him to  finish the work...  then asked again, and again.

In real life =I  have no plans for the engine.... it was just time to clean up  a few loose ends
Tony

chimp koose

crosley ,Im sure your friend knows but just to be sure,on a 383 swap with the 5.7 rods there can be a clearance issue with rods and cam.there are about 3 lobes that can be troublesome.

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "chimp koose"crosley ,Im sure your friend knows but just to be sure,on a 383 swap with the 5.7 rods there can be a clearance issue with rods and cam.there are about 3 lobes that can be troublesome.

yes,  he clearances  all the rod bolt heads as needed.  As I understand this it is the base side of the lobe that can hit the rod?
Tony

Hooley

Crosley, We ran a small base circle cam to get clearance on one of our engines. It worked for us.

Hooley
"Just Glade To Be Here"