2010 bucket of bolts

Started by Crosley.In.AZ, September 13, 2009, 05:42:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crosley.In.AZ

we had this   SS Camaro at the work place.

to me ,these cars look better in photos than in person.  It seems larger in person than in photos.

Wheels are too large of diameter  = 20 inch
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

tomslik

there's a few running around out here but they don't do "it" for me
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it\'s still on my list

40 Chev Coupe

Seen several in different colors now and I wouldn't buy one for the price their asking.

Crosley.In.AZ

the independent rear suspension looked spindly  weak to me.

the prices are silly on these new crop of muscle cars.  i'd buy a ZO6 vette
Tony

jaybee

I have two main issues with them.  Greenhouse is too small for the body and the grill "smiles".  That looks out of place on such an aggressive car.  I suppose the top is supposed to look chopped but bad chops happen all the time.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

Flipper

Quote from: "jaybee"I have two main issues with them.  Greenhouse is too small for the body and the grill "smiles".  That looks out of place on such an aggressive car.  I suppose the top is supposed to look chopped but bad chops happen all the time.

The green house is fine.  Its the sides of the car that are way too thick.  These cars are HUGE!

I'd take the vette too, given the choice.

phat46

Quote from: "Flipper"
Quote from: "jaybee"I have two main issues with them.  Greenhouse is too small for the body and the grill "smiles".  That looks out of place on such an aggressive car.  I suppose the top is supposed to look chopped but bad chops happen all the time.

The green house is fine.  Its the sides of the car that are way too thick.  These cars are HUGE!

I'd take the vette too, given the choice.

The Camaro is bigger than the "real" Camaros, so is the Challenger. A report on the Challenger in Motor Trend last year told the demensions of the side panels of the new Challenger and the original ones. The new one was way taller. the Camaro appears the same. They are also very heavy. the Challenger in the test in Motor Trend was 4100#!!!  Of course the originals of these cars were quite stripped down compared to the new ones with air, power windows, lots of speakers, tons of insulation, leather,  etc., etc. but they are just as fast...gotta love technolegy

Leon

I'll stick with a Mustang.  Still looks cool and I don't need a ladder to see over the roof!

butch27

They remind me of the old ad about "Put a Tiger in your tank" for some gas company.  Not for me.

EMSjunkie

Quote from: "Leon"I'll stick with a Mustang.  Still looks cool and I don't need a ladder to see over the roof!

Me too!!!

I just bought an '06 Mustang, 29K original miles  8)
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

enjenjo

The guy down the street just got one, it's pretty fast, about 10 times a day :roll: I hope he gets tired of doing it. I do like the dark blue color it's painted. And you're right, it looks to happy for a muscle car.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Beck

A buddy of mine at work bought one about 4 weeks ago. His is a 2SS-RS. It sounds like it is pretty loaded. It better be for $43k. He is a Camaro nut. He also has a tricked out '67 show car. It was built several years ago so it is getting a bit dated. He seems to love the new one. I'm typically a Chevy guy, but I prefer the new Mustang over the Camaro or Challenger.

Crosley.In.AZ

i like the Challenger and Mustang too.

Mustang is a bit of a paint to get in & out of the car.  I've not been inside a Challenger yet.

None of these cars look good to me with 20 inch wheels.  Old school  I guess I am.

At the prices for these current muscle cars...  I'd by a 3/4 ton truck
Tony

junkyardjeff

They wont build them the way I like them so I will never buy any of the three,I want one stripped down and they dont make them that way.

Leon

I'm trying to get a Mustang with the optional pedestal spoiler and can't without buying the premium model with a bunch of junk I don't want.  Even if I did get the premium, I have to get the spoiler as a package with the hood scoop.  I don't want that because I'll be putting the shaker hood on it.  I also was interested in the track pack, can't get that without the leather seats, and then it's only available with 3.73 gears which is not bright when I have to travel 70 miles to get to the nearest next town.  Looks like I'll have to get the stock GT and put the Roush suspension package on it and customize it with aftermarket parts.