Wet NSRA Nationals

Started by 34ford, August 04, 2009, 10:33:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

34ford

Saw on the weather channel tonight they have major flooding in Louisville today. They said they've had record rains in the last 7 days and more on the way.  :(

chopped

Quote from: "34ford"Saw on the weather channel tonight they have major flooding in Louisville today. They said they've had record rains in the last 7 days and more on the way.  :(

When your talking Louisville"record rain" is saying something.

flamefink

I just checked the weather before leaving  for registration an the rain is pretty much so done. Looks like the weather gets better as the week progresses.
Do you need a tetanus shot to ride in that thing?

Carps

It wouldn't be Louisville without the rain.   :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
Carps

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift.

38Mike

Quote from: "Carps"It wouldn't be Louisville without the rain.   :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
I just saw a post over on another forum that said the end down by the swap meet had been under water, but that it had gone away as quickly as it came.  Unless today and tomorrow see quite a bit more rain than the forecast seems to indicate, there shouldn't be any probs.

freddrew

I brought my hip boots just in case.  more for the joke than enything else.  It is lightning that bothers me.

Fred Drew
Fred

enjenjo

I am planning on being there saturday.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

348tripower

I'm here. It is dry. The weather report is severe clear for the duration of the show. The only thing to dodge here are the people with the bad attitudes. Acting like they are 4 years old.  Ran into a guy form Arizona with a complaint I had read somewhere before.  :shock: . I didn't ask him if he is a RRT member. :lol:
Anyway, I am here to enjoy.
Don
Don Colliau

Flipper

Bad attitudes about the rolling 30 decision?  ...or just grumpy old men in general?

348tripower

Quote from: "Flipper"Bad attitudes about the rolling 30 decision?  ...or just grumpy old men in general?

The over 30 :D  And just cause we are old, ya don't have to pick on us!  :lol: We have seen numbers over 10 thousand for the car count. Not bad for the economy.
Don
Don Colliau

Crosley.In.AZ

I'd blame the Arizona factor and the guy's age.

I am not at this event , so it ain't my fault.  :shock:
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Centerline

It was me!!! It was me!!

Wore our shirts Thursday and had dozens of favorable comments with only one who took issue.  He was an NSRA regional rep from Indiana and his blood pressure went up so high while we was parroting the party line that we eventually had to calm the guy down.  I seriously thought he was going to have a heart attack.  

Plenty of cars with the NO 30 year banners in their windows and also plenty of people wearing NO 30 year rule shirts.  Can't wait till tomorrow when they do the give away car thing just to see if Vernon has enough guts to get up on stage.  He was booed off at one of the earlier shows.

Old... yes.  Grumpy about the 30 year rule.... * Straight!!

Crosley.In.AZ

ah , heck  go ahead and boo at the guy.  This is the last year to make a stand on the change of rules
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

bucketmouth

The weathers good and I'm having a good time.
Seen lots of  no 30 shirts and coments on peoples cars.
Walking around you can hear people talking about it.
Watching the cruising outside of the fairgrounds tonight after it finished and there's lots of 30 plus cars cruising around. It's like they're circling and waiting for 2010.
The nats are good again this year and the Nos high, hate to see the change.
I maybe from down under but I know which way is up.
Oh hell there goes another head rush.

Centerline

Vernon didn't have guts enough to get up on stage at the car give away.  There were so many cat calls and "No 80's" that they finally had to ask everyone to get it out of their system.  When that happened Freedom Hall erupted in  a chorus of boos and no stupid 30 year rule.  I'm certain they got the message...... not that it will do any good.  

Did talk to a cop or two and they aren't happy either.  They're the ones who are going to have to keep the young kids with their 70's Camaros from doing burnouts and drinking too much. All you had to do was look at what happened in the host hotel parking lot last night.  Donk cars, burnouts and 5000 wat stereos.  Mostly locals but thats where the NSRA is going.  

Oh, yea..... one more thing.  Last year there were a little over 10,000 entries and this year there were 11,103 entries.  Don't try to tell me they need this change because the car count is down.  It's pure greed plain and simple.

When we were leaving we noticed a Prowler parked under one of the tents in the grass area.  I asked one of the guys at the gate how it got in.  He said..."Well its almost an 80's car isn't it???"