Speed week 2009

Started by bucketmouth, May 26, 2009, 06:35:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bucketmouth

Well I've made a snap decision I'm heading back for speed week this year.
I wasn't intending to go again until next year but what the hell. Once you've been there you get the bug. At least this time I only have to wait a few months instead of a year or two. :lol:
I've been trying to get onto the SCTA site for the last couple of nights without any success. Anyone else having this problem?
I maybe from down under but I know which way is up.
Oh hell there goes another head rush.

Charlie Chops 1940

Comes up fine for me. I'm gonna be there, God willing.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

HotRodLadyCrusr

I'll be there as well.  Arriving on Friday Aug 7th around noon-ish.
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

WZ JUNK

Looking forward to seeing you again.  Be sure to check in at our pit.  I will try to PM you soon with a couple of questions.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

Hooley

That GoodFellows sticker on the back window of 974 has been over 250MPH and still there . It will be great to see everone again. Hooley
"Just Glade To Be Here"

bucketmouth

Getting closer now for the big trip over. It's all I'm thinkng about now especially at work. My work mates  keep saying I look like I'm some where else.I guess you have to go there to understand.
I'm going with 5 other people who have never been to Speed Week before so it will be interesting to hear what they have to say after the first day.
My buddy last year got on his hands and knees and kissed the salt when I asked him the same question. :lol:
Some of the guys will be tied up with Norm Harding's 34 coupe that he will be racing so that will exciting to see how he goes.
He's done 195 mph at Lake Gairdner over here so it would be fantastic if he cracks the 200.
Hooley I look forward to catching up with you guys.
How's sumner going with his car?
John what were those questions you had?

bucketmouth

What's the weather been like, has there been any rain at Bonneville?

HotRodLadyCrusr

Quote from: "bucketmouth"What's the weather been like, has there been any rain at Bonneville?

As of two weeks ago the course is under water.  Megan stopped by there and took some photos on her way home from the LA Roadster Show.  The sun and wind can easily dry that up if they get no more rain.

reborn55

Denise--have you got a buddy down in Hartzville Tn that builds cars  EBAY name is gasnglas.

sirstude

Locked things down, will be there on Friday, see you all I hope.

Doug
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

HotRodLadyCrusr

Quote from: "reborn55"Denise--have you got a buddy down in Hartzville Tn that builds cars  EBAY name is gasnglas.

Yes, that's Mike Howell, my paint and body guy. No Z, it's Hartsville, about 40 miles northeast of Nashville.  He selling something you want?

reborn55

He is listing a 48 chevy ragtop on ebay and I had emailed him to see if he might have any extra sunvisors or brackets for mine.  He told me a story about a lady friend of his that had to buy a whole car to get the visors for her 46 Olds.  Since you have the most famous Olds convertible in the country I figured it had to be you.  I emailed him back asking if it was you and he hadn't got back to me--small world.

HotRodLadyCrusr

Yep, I bought another complete '47 Olds convertible last summer.  The only thing I robbed from it was the sun visor brackets.  They are actually at Advanced Plating right now being rechromed.  The broken ones will go back on the all original one that is sitting in the corner of my garage.  

I had plans to make a taildragger out of it but I think I'm going to turn it and use the money to blow out a couple of walls in my house to double the size of my kitchen and completely remodel it.

'47 Olds convertible for sale $7,900.

Leon

Denise - you need to drive it to Bonneville!   :D

reborn55

Every time I see a ragtop for sale I will contact the owner and see if by some quirk of fate they have an extra set around.  Never know---did you get the pictures of the interior redo I sent you of my ragtop?  Thanks