Springfield Ohio Swap

Started by trackster, May 20, 2009, 11:10:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

trackster

The spring swapmeet in Springfield Ohio is this weekend, Friday thru Sunday.  It looks like the weather is going to be beautiful so there should be a lot to look at.  I hope to sell a little and maybe buy a little. Going Friday and Saturday and hope to take the Abone pickup to show on Saturday.
I am CDO, kinda like OCD, but in alphabetical order, like it should be!

enjenjo

I am going to try to make it, it's been several years since I went.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

butch27

That is one great swap meet. Can't make it this year though.

GPster

Is this a place to try and sell Crosley parts? I've been a long time out of any of this kind of business but there're a couple of ways to look at the situation. If the engine and drivetrain parts are still easy to find maybe that stuff will not be the best movers at a place that is so brand oriented. Crosley people may already have a pile of  this stuff with their one project just like the guy that we got our's from. Maybe our cashe of parts needs to be seen on a wide open market where people might see these mechanical parts as just what they want for their fairgrounds cruiser. quarter midget replica. air boat or ultra-light airplane. Also the chance of trading for something we need (other than money) might be better where that stuff would be on the market rather than at a brand specific place. One build day takes three days out of my schedual and two nights in a motel. I committed myself to that when I made the suggestion and I'm glad now it's going to happen. I see this as a stretch but Springfield might be a one day accomplishment for me. Now me offering to spend part of one day sitting in the sun watching a pile of parts is minimal compared to loading, transporting and paying entry fees but I haven't found any Thunderbird spare tire wheels or Corvair steering boxes yet so it's all Ive got to offer at the moment. I don't need to be put in a position to buy anything so I would have only gone to Springfield to meet with friends if the "Build Day" didn't fly. Because the 30th is going to fly the only reason for me to extend myself for Springfield would be to offer to help. What do the shareholders think of this suggestion? GPster

57larry

I'll be there Sat, always a good meet

enjenjo

I am not prepared to vend at Springfield. I am only going to have time to be there in the morning, I have something else going on in Dayton in the afternoon. As far as I know, we are all set up for the Crosley national meet.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.