NSRA Mid America Nats 2009

Started by WZ JUNK, May 17, 2009, 01:46:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WZ JUNK

Is anyone from the board planning to be at the Mid America Nats 2009 at Springfield, MO?  I will be there in this 32 and my brother will be is his orange 32.  

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

Beck

John,

I'm going.
I'll be in a black primered Speedstar coupe.
Look for the one with a chromed tube front axle with coilovers.

Jokester

I'll be there.  The usual burgundy 33 Chevy sedan.

.bjb
To the world you\'re just one person; but to one person, you might be the world.

Okiedokie

I'll be there in my 46, maybe in the 40 next year.

alchevy

My wife & I will be there in our mostly brown '40 Chevy Sedan. I was planning on leaving tonight and driving halfway, then the rest of the way in the morning, but my plans were changed when my employer scheduled an important meeting for noon on Friday. So as soon as I get out of that meeting and hit the road, we'll be on our way to Springfield! Be on the fairgrounds Saturday morning. Hopefully in the back under a tree/tent.
AL
A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com

alchevy

Well we started out in the '40, but had to turn around and take it bacck home. A few weeks ago it had a surging problem, it would surge ahead, then slow down like a fuel starvation problem. We changed out the fuel pump and fuel filter and replaced some of the fuel line over at a friend's house and it drove fine going home. But then it started again on Friday afternoon. When it has the problem, I pull over to the side of the highway and it acts like the carburetor fills back up with fuel and then it runs for a little while fine, then does it again.
It is acting like it did when we first got it on the road. That problem was eliminated when we took off the fuel regulator which turned out to be a lemon.
Our new 2009 Victory Red Chevy HHR cruised up there and back at around 28mpg so I was pleased and it ran through the rain and flooded streets of Springfield better than the '40 would of.
But we had to re-boot the HHR on the way home. The fuel gage went from full to empty in seconds so we stopped and turned the car off and back on (re-boot) and it told us we had fuel.

Hey if you want a scenic drive, head out of Branson, MO going South on Hwy 65 to Conway, AR. It is filled with twist and turns and up a mountain and back down with some very nice looking countryside on both sides of the road. But be sure to make the trip soon, because they are building a 4-lane section that will cut a lot of that twisting off.
AL
PS: There were 2,011 registered at Springfield.
A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com

Bib_Overalls

Had a great time.

"Hot Stuff," my 32 Ford roadster performed flawlessly.  Almost 10,000 miles on it now.

Left out early Sunday in hopes of missing the rain.  But I caught up with it at West Plans and ran topless and wet for the last 100 miles.  Great fun.
An Old California Rodder
Hiding Out In The Ozarks