Finally, its a roller!!

Started by EMSjunkie, May 03, 2009, 05:29:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EMSjunkie

got a little spare time this weekend, finally able to get the C-cab chassis in roller form.  I'm working in "cramped" quarters right now. gotta share space with the lawn mowers, etc. :roll:

now I gotta get the cab ready to set on the chassis.

Vance

wellllll......I was gonna post a picture, but "The Extension bmp is not allowed"......hummmm....... :?
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

enjenjo

Email it to me, I can convert it.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

EMSjunkie

Quote from: "enjenjo"Email it to me, I can convert it.

I don't unnerstand :?  :?:
I tried to post the exact same way I have in the past........what am I doing wrong :?:  :(

lemee try it again......

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders

enjenjo

Looks like you figured it out. S10 rear?

EMSjunkie

Quote from: "enjenjo"Looks like you figured it out. S10 rear?

Yessir, figured it out!!!  I saved them as bmp's instead of jpeg's :roll:

nope, its an 8.8" from a 91 Mustang LX
3:73 gears with a limited slip  8)
had it under the coupe for a while, then got a disc rear for it.

Vance

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders

enjenjo

Looks like the right size. I think you will need more tire back there.

UGLY OLDS

Looks neet !!    Photos of front end please ...wanna see them spindles & steering arms ... :!:

Bob........ :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

Crosley.In.AZ

protractor angle is difficult to read from here.

looks good,

where is the body shell?
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

EMSjunkie

Quote from: "enjenjo"Looks like the right size. I think you will need more tire back there.

I have a set of 15X10" wheels for the back. should "fill up " the rear end :lol:

Tony, I'll get a shot of the C-cab once I get it set on the chassis.
Bob, I'll get a shot or two for ya soon. 8)

Thanks for the comments guys, I appreciate it :D

p.s protractor is at 5* positive :wink:

Vance

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders

enjenjo

QuoteI have a set of 15X10" wheels for the back. should "fill up " the rear end  

That should be enough. :roll:

Inprimer

AMARILLO? jees sounds familiar oh yea spent 19 weeks there   USAF in '66-'67, thought i was in hell and now I'm not so sure PS whats a lawn mower???......................... Serge

enjenjo

Quote from: "Inprimer"AMARILLO? jees sounds familiar oh yea spent 19 weeks there   USAF in '66-'67, thought i was in hell and now I'm not so sure PS whats a lawn mower???......................... Serge

I had basic training there from January to March of 67. Then went to Denver for tech school.

Inprimer

Quote from: "enjenjo"
Quote from: "Inprimer"AMARILLO? jees sounds familiar oh yea spent 19 weeks there   USAF in '66-'67, thought i was in hell and now I'm not so sure PS whats a lawn mower???......................... Serge

I had basic training there from January to March of 67. Then went to Denver for tech school.
You must have been there right after me, BTW went through Amarillo several times in the last 3 years , 14 to be exact and asked EMT where the base/old hangers were, he told me everything had been torn down BTW Amarillo sure is a lot diff from 42 yrs ago quite modern etc, but I still have unsavory memories of the place  I went OSMFB  for tech school so I  was punished twice...

EMSjunkie

Quote from: "Inprimer"
Quote from: "enjenjo"

You must have been there right after me, BTW went through Amarillo several times in the last 3 years , 14 to be exact and asked EMT where the base/old hangers were, he told me everything had been torn down BTW Amarillo sure is a lot diff from 42 yrs ago quite modern etc, but I still have unsavory memories of the place  I went OSMFB  for tech school so I  was punished twice...

About the only thing left out at the Air Base are the twin water towers on the south west corner, and the north east corner.
all of the old barricks have been torn down for the lumber. Amarillo College now occupies most of the buildings. most of their "trade" skills are taught out there, welding, auto paint & body, truckdriving, etc.

Vance

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders

jaybee

"Favorite" is probably not a fair description since military life simply didn't agree with my Dad, but I think it's accurate to say that Amarillo his "least disliked" assignment when he was in the Air Force during the Korean Conflict.  His biggest impression was the flatness of the area.

One of Dad's favorite stories was the day a C47/DC3 came in WAY low for the runway.  Off the end of the runway was a highway, some railroad tracks, a set of telephone lines, and a freshly plowed field.  The pilot realized at the last minute he was about to hit those phone lines and dropped it into the field.  Even at that he had to hit the brakes HARD to keep out of the wires and tracks, piling dirt up as high as the tires.  A less sturdy plane would have buckled the landing gear at least.  The brought in a Douglas test pilot, removed everything that wasn't essential for flying, and flew it right out of that plowed field.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)