Discovery Channel tonight

Started by Charlie Chops 1940, December 16, 2008, 06:52:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wayne petty

maybe next year...

i wonder if the driver will be wearing a latex driving suit...

the name glued onto the back would be.. rubber band man... the decals on the side would read...     balsa wood.. the other aircraft material.. the wind up aircraft company..
and

the snappy rubber band company... we put the zing in your spit wads...
official rubber band supplier to the united states postal service..
we can handle the tension...  just wind us a little tighter...

the winding device is a great idea... i would imagine that the most dangerous part of that racer would be trying to wind all the rubber bands.. one might snap... and that would hurt...

Crosley.In.AZ

watched the show...  dang good !

It had a 1800 Goldwing, Hooley's studie twice and the Crosley car too.

the hydrogen fuel cell car is interesting idea...  I guess it is nearly 2009 , we must expect this stuff on the salt with the new generation of kids getting interested  in land speed racing.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

wayne petty

just curious.... what was the problem with the hydrogen car.???

seems like the folks had a problem with it...    were they actually mixing hydrogen and oxygen in the same tank...???? or in the motor???

anybody got links to what they were doing????? seems it was a collage or something...  but i fell asleep...

wayne...

river1

Quote from: "wayne petty"just curious.... what was the problem with the hydrogen car.???

seems like the folks had a problem with it...    were they actually mixing hydrogen and oxygen in the same tank...???? or in the motor???

anybody got links to what they were doing????? seems it was a collage or something...  but i fell asleep...

wayne...

http://blog.buckeyebullet.com/

there ya go wayne

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

bucketmouth

The hydrogen car certainly was different. Standing on the start line you couldn't hear it running but when they lifted the top and threw 6 bags of ice cubes in there I thought they were gonna pass out some coldies. :lol:
Maybe some one can explain the reason for the ice.
Have to try and catch it when it's on down here.
I maybe from down under but I know which way is up.
Oh hell there goes another head rush.