Discovery Channel tonight

Started by Charlie Chops 1940, December 16, 2008, 06:52:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charlie Chops 1940

At 10 PM EST tonight TDC will have an hour coverage of this years Speedweek. They had a camera between the two starting lines for the long course for a few days and a chopper overhead a lot. It might be really great coverage...maybe the Hooligans will become "famouser".

Be there!!!!

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

WZ JUNK

I do not have access to the Discovery Channel but I have 3 friends taping it for me.  I figure if I have a triple back up plan, maybe I will get one copy.  I hope it is a good show.  I have been dissapointed a couple of times on this type of program.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

phat rat

already saw Hooleys car it was in the opener
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

Grandadeo

Salt Is Good... Mk 9:50

Crosley.In.AZ

my Direct TV recorder is recording the show.

I hope to watch it later.

8)
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

HotRodLadyCrusr

I thought it was a great show.  Showed Hooley not only at the begining with a full front shot but alittle later in the program at speed.
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

Bib_Overalls

Quote from: "HotRodLadyCrusr"I thought it was a great show.  Showed Hooley not only at the begining with a full front shot but alittle later in the program at speed.

I agree.  I have a couple of coffee shop buddies that go out with the Camel Toe Racing team and it was fun watching them psyched up for the Blowfish runs.
An Old California Rodder
Hiding Out In The Ozarks

IC2

That was a pretty good show even if they did spend too much time, IMHO,on the OSU hydrogen powered car and little or none on "hot rods" with the exception of Blowfish. I would have liked to have seen more 'back yard' creations run, but..........that's show biz

Dave W

enjenjo

I fell asleep 10 minutes in. Woke up at one in the morning, and fell asleep again before it came back on. :x
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

GPster

The thing that always impressed me about Bonneville was the difference in the competition. Competators are racing against a record not so much against other people. Unfortunately that was not the competition that Discovery desided to show. They seemed to be more interested In the $4,00,000.00 300MPH attempt or a $500,000.00 Baracuda or a $34,000.00 motorcycle. The story that would have been more interesting to me would have accompanied that 50CC 3 wheel moped that the showed a short clip of. Explaining how those guys brought it on an airplane as carry-on luggage and made runs against 4 different records. That would have been interesting but not enough dollars I guess. GPster

wayne petty

i missed the last 15 minutes of it...    did they show the rubber band powered tricycle??

Charlie Chops 1940

Quote from: "wayne petty"i missed the last 15 minutes of it...    did they show the rubber band powered tricycle??

I didn't see it.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

GPster

The moped I'm refering to is a picture in Feb,2009 Rod and Custom,s article about 2008 Bonneville. The picture's caption describes the facts I gave. Don't know about the rubber band trike but I think I say a picture of thisMotobeecane leaving the line in the background ofa picture of something else. GPster

HotRodLadyCrusr

Gotta remember it was only an hour program with about 40 minutes of actual B'ville coverage.  Can't cover everything in that time frame.  I think they did a great job giving a broad overview.  As far as I'm concerned they could have done a full hour on just Poteet's Blowfish AND another whole hour on the Hydro streamliner AND another whole hour on Leslie and her bike AND another whole hour on Hooley AND another whole hour on the Old Crow team AND another...you get the picture.

With all the footage they took there has got to be more episodes on the horizon.
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

Beck

Quote from: "wayne petty"i missed the last 15 minutes of it...    did they show the rubber band powered tricycle??
I don't think they made a run with the #876 "Twisted". I was there until Fri evening and had not seen it run. Isn't this is the same guys as the "Blowfish" and "Speed Demon"? They were plenty busy with those cars.  I don't know that the winding mechanism was completed either.