THE PICS YALL BEN A WAITIN FER.. FITTIN A DIZZY 101:)

Started by Dave, March 23, 2008, 05:28:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

Quote from: "UGLY OLDS"What the heck Dave ...Be a MAN  :!:  :!:    SHOW  those guys .. :shock:  :shock:    Leave the cut off piece out ...Just use 3 hold down screws....Take it fer a ride .....It's just one less part to fall off.....With your luck a rear tire will find it for ya some where down the road...... :roll:  :roll:  

By the way ...Neat tank on the front ...Is that for oil  :?:  :?:  :wink:

Bob....
The tank is gonna be kind of a radiator over flow.. That distributor dont need that last hold down to work and the cap aint comming off either.. even at a 100.. Aint gonna happen.. I knew id get some ideas  :idea:  :idea:  :idea:  :idea:  :idea: The 4th hold down aint holding nuttin but the piece i cut out so ya its got 3..  :lol:  :lol: The only thing that I might be concerned about is moisture but thats not worrying me either.. I need some good adhesive thats for sure.. I got the new breather and pcv for the valve covers and they dont fit either so off come the covers open the holes up with a die grinder and then the rubber gaskets that only been on like a week and never even got warm should be ok to put back on but ill be damned if i can get em glued back in the covers..  :?: I also cant believe you gotta strech em that far what a bunch of crapola..  I used weather strip adhesive the first time and now it wont stick and i even cleaned em with laquer thinner.. I got em sitting now with silicone on em.. Actually one of em I havent got the other side off the car yet. The the pcv breather deal isnt polished on the center ribs so ill have to polish that bugger too.. Man just call me lucky..
We had scheduled to drop sues car off this evening for the fix from the guy backing into it at work and now everyone has amniesa (spelling) and we gotta call the insurance company again tomorrow.. It will get straightened out this week or ill take it out of the little G&Y boys *.. Ya he is out receptionist and @ueer as a foot ball bat.. Ha Ha.. Can you tell ive had a bad night.. I could go on about my oldest being a built in baby sitter for his girl friend but ill stop now.. I need a drink......
Dave
 :wink:  :arrow:

purplepickup

Quote from: "jusjunk"I need some good adhesive thats for sure.. I got the new breather and pcv for the valve covers and they dont fit either so off come the covers open the holes up with a die grinder and then the rubber gaskets that only been on like a week and never even got warm should be ok to put back on but ill be damned if i can get em glued back in the covers..  :?: I also cant believe you gotta strech em that far what a bunch of crapola..
Center bolt covers?  I've had fits with some new gaskets too.  I let them soak in my solvent tank for a while and they sort of swell and get limp (oxymoron) when they start to absorb solvent....not too much but enough to let them lay in place until I get things bolted back up.  I've done that for years and never had a leaker.
George

tomslik

Quote from: "jusjunk"
Quote from: "tomslik"
Quote from: "jusjunk"
Quote from: "tomslik"i think i'd seal the gap with something but i don't see any reason it won't work.

the cap ain't going anywhere, the body is holding it down :roll:

Look at the first pic.. There is a window there and im thinking its to let moisture out?? I have 2 stock dizzys and they both have this and no plugs in em ..
Dave

looks like somebody converted a est distributor to an early non-est ...
that'd be where the 4 wire pigtail comes out.

it's NOT a water drain :lol:

that doesnt splain the other one thats older and never been touched with the same hole  :?: .. I also saw one on ebay just like em  :?:  :?: regardless i dont think its gonna hurt a thing and im not worried about it :D Thats the least of my worries ........Im really worried more about what happened to global warming cause im quite sure that michigan has reentered the ice age.. Ive been searching the net for a snow tire and training wheels and a cab for the harley.  :cry: Ill prolly have to put heat in it too. And in the roadster.. Im sure glad im on high ground cause when this crap melts its not gonna be pretty in a lot of places..
Dave  :wink:  :arrow:

yep, i'll stand by what i said.
est distributors had that hole.
regular hei's didn't.
i went up in the attic and looks at the dozen or so i've got....
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it\'s still on my list