Finally Big Olds' New Interior Adventure Post

Started by HotRodLadyCrusr, December 11, 2007, 04:36:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GPster

Won't that back seat and top get in the way when you go to Bonneville? Wher are you going to put your bicycle? What are you going to build next? Don't say that you're going to get another "Vette". GPster

Cword

Kruising in Komfort like that oughta extend your range by thousands of miles Denise!

Looks * fine!

I think that red dust from sliding down the rocks at Blanding will show on the lavender though.

Mike
--

48builder

Quote from: "HotRodLadyCrusr"This post has been a long time in coming

Six years isn't so long. I think it was 5 years ago when I first met you in Syracuse and saw the car? I know that Pete Jardim was still alive then. What a great set of photos. The car looks great! I'm heading to Austin in February. Wish you were picking up the car then.

Any chance of seeing the car in Syracuse in July? I may be heading back to Iraq, but I'm trying to get out of that trip.

Congrats on the progress!

Walt
'48 Chevy Custom sedan in progress-Z28 LT1 drivetrain, chopped, shortened, too many other body mods to list
'39 Chevy driver

papastoyss

Quote from: "HotRodLadyCrusr"Thank everyone for the kudos.  Yes, Big Olds has come along way since Steve Hendrickson (Just Steve here on the RRT....RIP)  started him in the pages of Rodder's Digest in Aug of 1992 I believe.  I'm very proud of the way he's turned out and I know Steve is looking down upon him and is as proud as I am.

Carps, all you would have had to do was hop outta that roadster or Chevy you were always cruzn around in and come ride with me.  Next time for sure.....there is always room in Big Olds for an Aussie piece of *. :shock:

Leon, folks said "hi" back at ya.  Hi to Sharon from me.  Megan and I will be out for the GNRS in Jan, you going??

CQQl33, that picture brings back alot of good memories.  Thanks for posting.

Quote from: "papastoyss"Will you be back in Tn. over the holidays or for Frosty Wheelsin Jan? We could probably arrange some southern home cooking at the Midgett home.

For sure the weekend after Christmas.  I'm hoping to be able to stay thru New Years day if my boss will give me the 31st off without pay as I am out of vacation time.  In any event, dinner sounds WONDERFUL.  I'd love to see if you've added anything to your "toy" collections.
A few, not many. I've been busy the last year trying to make a silk purse out of a sow's ear 47 Ford coupe.Did Mike tell you we went to see the Dallas Dirtys in Oct. & brought back a 40 coupe?I'm having a shop built behind our house & gonna start on the 40 when its done. The pos 47 is in the upholstory shop now, I'm 'bout ready to call it done. Save me a hug. Dave
grandchildren are your reward for not killing your teenagers!

jaybee

Looks great, Denise.  When I saw Big Olds on your trip to the Egorama it had no top or interior, but it was obvious a lot of love went into the body and paint.  Of course the real wealth is in all those people you saw along the way.  Keep driving that thing.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

1FATGMC

The car looks great.  I'm really happy for you.  Neat trip, but the real trip has been you and the car over all of these years,

Sum

HotRodLadyCrusr

Quote from: "GPster"Won't that back seat and top get in the way when you go to Bonneville? Wher are you going to put your bicycle? What are you going to build next? Don't say that you're going to get another "Vette". GPster

No more bicycles or greezy car parts inside Big Olds at all. :wink:
I do have something planned for the next project, a mid to late '20 Olds roadster.  The project will be called "Little Olds".  I will not be selling Big Olds to finance it, gather parts, build car as money and time permits.
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

HotRodLadyCrusr

Quote from: 48builder
Quote from: "HotRodLadyCrusr"

Any chance of seeing the car in Syracuse in July?
Walt

Nope, don't think so.  In July I plan on attending the GG DesMoines and Columbus events AND the KKOA event in Saline, KS for a change of pace.  Begining of Aug we'll attend the Nats in L'ville, Speed Week at B'ville and the HAMB Drags right afterwards.  My 15 days of paid vacation PLUS 3 personal days are already planned right down to the last hour of vacation for next year. :shock:

HotRodLadyCrusr

Quote from: "papastoyss"Did Mike tell you we went to see the Dallas Dirtys in Oct. & brought back a 40 coupe?

Your ears must really have been on fire last weekend.  Mike filled me in on both the '47 and '40.   Looking forward to hearing more details though.

n.c.rodder

Looks good Girl!!!  8)  8)  Feels kinda nice to have her done doesn't it? :D  :D

Mike
Till we meet - On the street