Air cleaner top

Started by enjenjo, May 02, 2007, 08:33:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jokester

Frank, you could get some swap meet aluminum running boards from a pick and cut it up.
To the world you\'re just one person; but to one person, you might be the world.

UGLY OLDS

1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

Rayvyn

If you can't find a round one to fit, cut the top off 3 of those cheap Cal Custom ribbed valve covers, weld them together and then cut a circle out of them to fit.

I always took you for a smooth and slippery type of dude. I didn't know you preferred the look and feel of the "ribbed" ones... :wink:  :P  :D
***SFC-Team Smart***

What can a bird do that a man can\'t?

Whistle through his pecker...

EMSjunkie

Quote from: "Rayvyn"

I didn't know you preferred the look and feel of the "ribbed" ones... :wink:  :P  :D

He turns them inside out :shock:  :wink:

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

Dave

Vance ............Quit..  8)  :lol:  8)  :lol:
I cant belive you typed that ... :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
Dave :arrow:  :wink:

enjenjo

Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

enjenjo

Quote from: "EMSjunkie"
Quote from: "Rayvyn"

I didn't know you preferred the look and feel of the "ribbed" ones... :wink:  :P  :D

He turns them inside out :shock:  :wink:

Vance

Darn right, If I'm not happy, whats the point. :evil:

threefive

it's not often i post here but this seems like a simple foundry job. cut a disc out of m.d.f. add 3/16 per foot for shrinkage. layout your pattern for the ribs and glue some tapered wood strips the size of the ribs to your pattern  and have a local foundry cast one.  i would use an alloy like 356.2.

enjenjo

Quote from: "threefive"it's not often i post here but this seems like a simple foundry job. cut a disc out of m.d.f. add 3/16 per foot for shrinkage. layout your pattern for the ribs and glue some tapered wood strips the size of the ribs to your pattern  and have a local foundry cast one.  i would use an alloy like 356.2.

Sounds like it may be an idea. I'll have to see if we have a local foundry any more. :roll:

zzford

Quote from: "enjenjo"I want a finned air cleaner top for my Buick. I want a finned one that matches the valve covers. I also want it to be round, and between 12" and 14" diameter. The fins I am looking for are about 1/2" apart, 1/8" thick, and 3/8" high. I can make one on my mill, but I see a lot of hours, and one mistake will ruin it.

Any suggestions?
I just bought an air cleaner assembly from Rodworx.com .They were very prompt on delivery and the unit is a nice piece. I also bought a set of finned aluminum center bolt valve covers to match. Check them out.

enjenjo

I like it. I have ordered one. thanks

enjenjo

Same idea, but too small. I ordered one like the above post, I can live with that.