new project

Started by enjenjo, May 08, 2007, 11:41:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

UGLY OLDS

Quote from: "donsrods"Thanks GPster.  I have heard that you need to do more than just have the proper 5 on 5.5 bolt pattern, the wheel also has to register on the drum to keep it from coming loose.

Some guys have said they just bolt them on, and others have said what I mentioned above.  Looking at the back of the '35 wires, it seems there needs to be something to center them in place, like the adapters you mentioned.

Don

I Agree...I remember an article somewhere that explained how the hub "mated" to the brake drums to add rigidity to both...It went on to explain how if the wheels were used on something else they developed cranks in the mounting area. :?:  :?: ..Rod & Custom a few years back maybe  :?:  :?:  ( Before they too started "infomercials"......... :(  :(  )
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

donsrods

Yep, that is the problem I remember.  I think someone makes an adapter to accomplish both the bolt pattern and rigidity thing, but I don't know who it is.

Don

Dave

Quote from: "donsrods"Yep, that is the problem I remember.  I think someone makes an adapter to accomplish both the bolt pattern and rigidity thing, but I don't know who it is.

Don
Ive got the info in a street rodder mag but i couldnt tell you what issue. The did cover it quite nicely though.
Dave :arrow:  :wink:  :arrow:

enjenjo

Quote from: "donsrods"Yep, that is the problem I remember.  I think someone makes an adapter to accomplish both the bolt pattern and rigidity thing, but I don't know who it is.

Don

That's the adapter he has, I'll try to find out who.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

donsrods