new project

Started by enjenjo, May 08, 2007, 11:41:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

enjenjo

I started working on this yesterday, install the wiring, and a new steering column.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

trackster

I am CDO, kinda like OCD, but in alphabetical order, like it should be!

Harry

Quote from: "trackster"I like it!   :D

I don't!!

donsrods

Is that a late model rear axle under it?  If so, how did they get the Ford wires to bolt up.  I have a set of '35 wires I want to use on some project, but am going to use a Ford 8 or 9 inch, or an S 10 rear.

Is that your truck, or one you are doing for someone else?

Don

Carnut

Ah, different strokes for different folks.

enjenjo

It's one I am working on. It drives nice. It has an 8" rear, and wheel adapters on the rear for the 35 wires.

Dave

I like it too. Its got possibilities..
Dave :wink:  :arrow:  :wink:

31suv

It's got to be a 28 or 29 but it look's like it used to be a sedan.Am I close?
East Texas,the right side of Texas

enjenjo

Yes, it was a 2 door sedan

EMSjunkie

Quote from: "jusjunk"I like it too. Its got possibilities..

As much as it goes against my better judgement.........I hafta agree with 'ole Studly, I like it too, lots of possibilities...... needs fenders 8)
love the Banjo steering wheel :D

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

Dave

Quote from: "EMSjunkie"
Quote from: "jusjunk"I like it too. Its got possibilities..

As much as it goes against my better judgement.........I hafta agree with 'ole Studly, I like it too, lots of possibilities...... needs fenders 8)
love the Banjo steering wheel :D

Vance

FTF Buddy... Ill tell ya its an attempt at a clone of the car that posies built. If it was closer to the posies car id be sportin wood :lol: That car was well designed and ive seen it in person.. Id take 2...
Dave

Jbird

I saw one very similar in the local NAPA parking lot a couple of weeks ago. It used a standard PU cab. I wish I'd had my camera, he'd mounted the radiator in the PU bed with an electric fan. The engine was set way back from the front axle. No grill or shell at all just the front of the SBC hanging out in the breeze. The headlights were mounted on stalks welded to the frame. At first glance it looked like an accident looking for the right intersection. But after closer examination an a conversation with the owner/builder it was quite nicely done. It had about 100 yards of cooling pipes, the owner said it held almost six gallons of coolant. Next time it appears I'll click off a few spy shots.   Jbird 8)
A biblical plague would come in real handy just about now
Badges? Badges? We don\'t need no stinking Badges!!
Team Smarts official dumbfounder
The first liar ain\'t got a chance

UGLY OLDS

Almost might look better in black primer with red wheels  :idea:  :?:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

GPster

Quote from: "donsrods"Is that a late model rear axle under it?  If so, how did they get the Ford wires to bolt up.  I have a set of '35 wires I want to use on some project, but am going to use a Ford 8 or 9 inch, or an S 10 rear.
Don
Years ago I had a pair mounted to the early chevy ('55-'57) rear under my Model A. It took about an 1 1/2"of spacer/adapter to get the drum to clear the recess/center of the wheel. Some times on Ebay you will find wheel adapters and going back to the person that wrote the ad(?) you'll find that he manufactures them and can build what you want. The 1 1/2" give you planty of room to run longer studs on the axel and good lug nuts to hold the adapters on. Also gives you a chance to make centering hubs for the wheels. That's my experience. GPster

donsrods

Thanks GPster.  I have heard that you need to do more than just have the proper 5 on 5.5 bolt pattern, the wheel also has to register on the drum to keep it from coming loose.

Some guys have said they just bolt them on, and others have said what I mentioned above.  Looking at the back of the '35 wires, it seems there needs to be something to center them in place, like the adapters you mentioned.

Don