Pet Names

Started by enjenjo, March 01, 2007, 09:47:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bib_Overalls

I had a Mazda rotary pickup once.  After running through two motors I swapped in a Mustang/Capri V6.  It was a mess.  I kept it running on sheer willpower.  It was yellow and had a fiberglass camper shell with an air spoiler molded in.  Looked a lot like the one on the rear deck some 70s Corvettes.

One night I was cruising Central (old US 66) in Albuquerque and a white Vette passed me.  It had "Crusader Rabbit" on the back of the air foil.  So I had "Rags The Tiger" lettered on my truck.

If you are in your 60s and watched "Sherif John and the Lunch Brigade" on LA TV you know where all of this came from.
An Old California Rodder
Hiding Out In The Ozarks

SKR8PN

This is my latest and greatest towing vehicle.  1999 Ram, 2500, extended cab,  4x4 with an 8ft bed :shock:  
I call her Chris.  
Short for Chris Craft. 8)

If we are what we eat.........
Then I am fast,cheap and easy.

Grandadeo

Mine all have names preceded by ol' Junk.  Like ol' junk roadster, ol' junk panel truck, etc.  There's a long story that goes with ol' junk that I won't bore you with.  My dog's name is "Ardun Von Pooch" if that counts.

Lee
Salt Is Good... Mk 9:50

alchevy

Like most have said:

My '40 Chevy is either reffered to as the 40 or the sedan.

My '81 Chevy Stepside Pickup (that I had in high school, first vehicle) is refered to as the truck.

My 2006 Chevy HHR is refered to as the HHR. My Mom calls it "Little Squatty" because it's short.

I was trying to come up with some names that could go on the HHR beside the H H R:
Handy
Hot
Rod

or something like that, but when you call a 2.2 ltr 4 cly engine a hot rod, it's kindof a play on words. Some of those HHRs that were customized on Rides show sure sounded great with V8s in 'em....but every time I drive past a gas station and don't have to stop, I am thankfull for that small motor.
A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com

Jokester

Cool thread.

We used to have a yellow 32 Chevy that we called "Ol Yeller".  It got wrecked so we got rid of it and bought a burgundy 33 Chevy.  Since we had two other burgundy cars, and "Ol Burgundy" sounds stupid, we decided to call it "Ol Yeller" too.

My brother-in-law had an old Dodge pickup that he called Lazarus, because it had been raised from the dead so many times.

.bjb
To the world you\'re just one person; but to one person, you might be the world.

barnsey

My Red 1948 Vauxhall has the nick name, The Pomrod.
it also wears POMROD licence plates
barnsey

Husker

My junk hauler 88 Dodge Ram 50 is called fiedelbomb, had a 50 Chevy called Mabeline and a black 63 Sport Fury I called blacky. I miss that car, only one of the hundred or so I have owned I can say that about. Someday I will find another.

Dirk35

One of my buddies calls my 35 the Anti-sleeper cause it looks like it should go super fast, but only goes kinda fast. I like the name, it makes people think. I think  Ill keep calling it that, instead of just "The 35".