Just another '32 roadster - but it's mine

Started by Charlie Chops 1940, December 31, 2006, 11:33:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

slocrow

Charlie; Progress is always nice to see and surprising too, considering you're working part time on a shop with and for that slave driver who masquerades as a cook during RRT functions.
Thanks for the update and snapshots. Things look like they're being well thought out & planned, naturally...............Frank
Tell the National Guard to mind the grocery store...

alchevy

Quote from: "39deluxe"Now that's what I want to do when I retire, if ever. I need to get the Corvette and the truck done first though.

Tom

Tom, check this out: http://www.astreetrodder.com/1959vette.htm
My dad had this '59 Vette, bought it new in '59 and sold it in '62; I was born in '65 so all I have is pictures and the window sticker.
AL
A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com

39deluxe

Al,

That's pretty cool to still have the window sticker. It was a well equipped car and a lot of money for the time. Mine was all black, soft top only, 270 horse dual 4 bbl and 4 speed. Other options were the courtesy light and the heater. I bought it in August of 1969 when I came home from my all expense paid vacation in beautiful south east Asia.

Tom

KustomLincolnLady

Looks really Nice Charlie!!!! Good work

Looks nice enough that I'd be willing to take a ride in it when its done :lol:
if you promise to go slow  :twisted:  hee hee

Topsterguy

hey Charlie! Man, that just ain't  "another 32 Ford roadster" - that's one fine looking hot rod!  I too love the drilled rear cross member! Good choice on one of Cam's Duvals, and did you know I borrowed a frame off of him to pattern our Duval header for the Topster!? Cam and I were in the same car club in Vancouver BC ( the Intruders) back in the early 60's. So it's guaranteed to fit perfect! Drop me a line when you're ready for a top, we'll be here! Keep up the great work!   Larry
"If a man is alone in the forest and speaks, and there\'s no woman around, is he still wrong?"

Roadstar

Looks great Charlie, hey is that Topster the one you were telling me the guy gives RRT members 50% off :wink:

I need one too.

Topsterguy

heh Heh Heh, ahhhhhhhhh Roadstar, yer SUCH a kidder! :lol:
"If a man is alone in the forest and speaks, and there\'s no woman around, is he still wrong?"

Roadstar

HAHA yeah, I have checked out the web site, it is a good looking top. Do you have a standard price or are they made to order depending on application. I do want a top on this roaster. I have even thought about a stock style one just so I could fold it down when I was on the Road, The Bop top says it folds up and goes into the trunk but I have put that top on for customers and I woundn't want to try and break it down, way too much infolved.

Yours look like it might actaually come apart easier.

Sorry to hijack your post Charlie );b(

Topsterguy

Quote from: "Roadstar"HAHA yeah, I have checked out the web site, it is a good looking top. Do you have a standard price or are they made to order depending on application. I do want a top on this roaster. I have even thought about a stock style one just so I could fold it down when I was on the Road, The Bop top says it folds up and goes into the trunk but I have put that top on for customers and I woundn't want to try and break it down, way too much infolved.

Yours look like it might actaually come apart easier.

Sorry to hijack your post Charlie );b(
Yeah rather than hijack Charlies post drop me an email sometime at deuceguy@shaw.ca , BUT ours is WAY simpler than the Bop Top ! :wink:

Hooley

Charlie, You do work fast. It looks good. I have seen that frame jig before. That was handy for you.

Hooley
"Just Glade To Be Here"

hiboyroadsterboy

Theres never just another 32 roadster,,it's looking really good,and yes,great engine.Keeps us updated.