Stewart Warner Wings Guages

Started by Bib_Overalls, December 25, 2006, 09:00:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oldmanolds

what is new york gel? It's actually nyogel.It's a lubricant that does not change with tempature.It prevents any oxidation between electrical contacts or wear due to friction or moisture.Great for spark plugs or any direct currant (DC)connections.Used to use it on computer control modules on disele engines.I should have explained myself better.Anyway I use it all the time and it works.Dave
GETTING OLD SUCKS..BUT IT SURE BEATS THE ATERNATIVE.     www.stophd.org

Dave

Quote from: "oldmanolds"what is new york gel? It's actually nyogel.It's a lubricant that does not change with tempature.It prevents any oxidation between electrical contacts or wear due to friction or moisture.Great for spark plugs or any direct currant (DC)connections.Used to use it on computer control modules on disele engines.I should have explained myself better.Anyway I use it all the time and it works.Dave

Now i would think with all the stuff i do as far as elecrtical. HAM radio car wiring computers etc that id had heard if this stuff and OH ya Cable and satelite tv too. So where does one get it and id like a big tube or whatever it comes in
Dave :arrow:

Rayvyn

Quote from: "jusjunk"
So where does one get it and id like a big tube or whatever it comes in
Dave :arrow:

http://www.nyelubricants.com/

Now if you had hunted for it good enough...Nah, that wouldn't have worked... :P

You're thinking of the lubricant used primarily in Southern Michigan and Texas...KYgel... :?

One deters moisture, the other provides moisture...Just don't go to Radio Shack and ask for KYgel... :shock:  :oops:

Check the MSC catalogue, or McMaster-Carr, or anyone who sells electric motor parts. Or maybe Fatcat would know. It seems like something that would be used in motorhomes, due to the extreme climate and temperature changes they go through.

There's also a medical variation of it that's used as a lubricant in treating glaucoma and other eye disorders.
***SFC-Team Smart***

What can a bird do that a man can\'t?

Whistle through his pecker...