My current project

Started by OldSub, November 29, 2006, 11:09:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Normspeed

Seems like they run several jobs at once and yours gets to sit while they're making progress on another.   I went through the same thing a few years back.  Hope you didn't pay them in full up front.   It will be worth the wait when it's done.   I bought a house in New Mexico for retirement and the one thing it lacks is a garage.  Some time in the next coupla years I'll have to deal with that.  I'm thinking about a metal building at least 20 X 40.  Get the slab poured and put the structure up myself.

Grandadeo

Quote from: "Normspeed"I'm thinking about a metal building at least 20 X 40.  Get the slab poured and put the structure up myself.

Let me know when.  Looks like I'm done being gainfully employed next week.

Lee
Happy Motoring!
Salt Is Good... Mk 9:50

enjenjo

Quote from: "Grandadeo"
Quote from: "Normspeed"I'm thinking about a metal building at least 20 X 40.  Get the slab poured and put the structure up myself.

Let me know when.  Looks like I'm done being gainfully employed next week.

Lee
Happy Motoring!

I've seen you and Norn together, I can't see anything gainfull there.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

OldSub

Quote from: "Normspeed"Get the slab poured and put the structure up myself.
If I had it to do over I might choose to do it myself.  I thought it would be faster this way...

Steve@OldSub.com
www.OldSub.com . www.MaxwellGarage.com . www.OldGasTowRigs.com

Bib_Overalls

Quote from: "Normspeed"I bought a house in New Mexico for retirement and the one thing it lacks is a garage.  Some time in the next coupla years I'll have to deal with that.  I'm thinking about a metal building at least 20 X 40.  Get the slab poured and put the structure up myself.

I worked in Albuquerque for ten years and planned to retire in New Mexico myself.  Silver City area or possibly a little South of Santa Fe on the Eastern side of the mountains.  But I married a girl from Arkansas and here we are.  Where are your retirement digs located?

I have had several metal building dealers/builders tell me the per square foot cost is maximized at 30' x 40'.  Anything smaller and the per square goes up.  Anything more and the per square stays about the same.  So I built 30' x 40' using a package from Adams Truss.  Contracted the concrete and did the rest myself with an occasional assist.

If I was doing it again the only thing I would change is adding hydronic heating to the slab.
An Old California Rodder
Hiding Out In The Ozarks

dragrcr50

I must have been lucky two yrs ago added another bldg on my place it was a 30x40 and it took 2 wks to get the ground and slab done and 5 days to do the entire bldg, 1 day to spray in insulation and a day to wire , a couple of days to seal the floor and then airless all the inside over the foam and moved in ,,, I have no heater and it never has gotten below 45 inside here in oklahoma....
ownerWoodard racing and hot rod shop in mustang oklahoma. My  specialty is gassers &  nostalgia race cars , love the salt,

Normspeed

I've seen you and Norn together, I can't see anything gainfull there.[/quote]

It's a delicate balance between perfection and the absurd.

Normspeed

My place is in Deming, actually a little outside city limits to the east. My kids both landed there and for some oddball reason they want me out there too.  Prolly want to borrow money.  

I'll remember the 30 X 40 info.  Bigger is better.  I have an acre to work with.  

Any info on metal buildings gratefully accepted.  I looked a bit at American Steelspan but not sold on their stuff.  Maybe I can get dragracr50 to come down and be job foreman or something.

Quote from: "Bib_Overalls"
Quote from: "Normspeed"I bought a house in New Mexico for retirement and the one thing it lacks is a garage.  Some time in the next coupla years I'll have to deal with that.  I'm thinking about a metal building at least 20 X 40.  Get the slab poured and put the structure up myself.

I worked in Albuquerque for ten years and planned to retire in New Mexico myself.  Silver City area or possibly a little South of Santa Fe on the Eastern side of the mountains.  But I married a girl from Arkansas and here we are.  Where are your retirement digs located?

I have had several metal building dealers/builders tell me the per square foot cost is maximized at 30' x 40'.  Anything smaller and the per square goes up.  Anything more and the per square stays about the same.  So I built 30' x 40' using a package from Adams Truss.  Contracted the concrete and did the rest myself with an occasional assist.

If I was doing it again the only thing I would change is adding hydronic heating to the slab.