Might have another deal going.

Started by Dave, November 22, 2006, 11:43:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomslik

yeah, you gotta pull the trans but like i said, it's usually the pan gasket leaking anyway(on either style)

or just pretend it's a harley;)
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it\'s still on my list

Leon

My new crate motor with 1600 miles is leaking already...
Wouldn't be a Chevy otherwise.

Dave

Quote from: "tomslik"yeah, you gotta pull the trans but like i said, it's usually the pan gasket leaking anyway(on either style)

or just pretend it's a harley;)

Oh that hurts :wink:  :wink:  :lol:
Ya mine has only about 1700 miles i think and it leaks but it could have been the dukes run off the curb that made it leak :!:
Dave

phat rat

Have to disagree with you guys about no 350's in anything under 3/4 tons. I can't say with certainty about the cars but many 1/2 tons had the 350 especially suburbans
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

junkyardjeff

Suburbans are a bit heavier then a p/u so a 350 was probably standard equipment on them but most of the half ton trucks and vans with V8s had 305s at the dealer I worked at.  I checked them in when they came off the trucks so I seen them first.  Jeff

Crosley.In.AZ

probably a 305 motor with a feedback Q-jet on it.

tranny may be a t-250C AKA piece of crap-o-la

look near the cooler line fittings on the passenger side of tranny....... IF there is a protruding threaded stud with a nut on it = t-250c
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

1FATGMC

Quote from: "Crosley"...............tranny may be a t-250C AKA piece of crap-o-la..

I left one of those behind WZJUNK's shop a couple years ago.  It was in the Buick. The guys behind me on the Okla. Turnpike said it looked like a Cup car blowing up when it finally let go :D .

c ya,

Sum

Dave

Quote from: "Crosley"probably a 305 motor with a feedback Q-jet on it.

look near the cooler line fittings on the passenger side of tranny....... IF there is a protruding threaded stud with a nut on it = t-250c

Well it dont matter .. Drove 1 1/2 hours and the ahole was a no show. Wont answer his cell either.  Ill just go but a crate motor..
Dave

GPster

Quote from: "jusjunk"Ill just go but a crate motor.. Dave
That 350 of mine might start getting closer to you offer. GPster

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "jusjunk"

Well it dont matter .. Drove 1 1/2 hours and the ahole was a no show. Wont answer his cell either.  Ill just go but a crate motor..
Dave

I hate S M F people like that.......

I drove an hour to pick up some wheels last year on the far north side of Phoenix..... the guy is not there , his wife looks at me : " What?, Wheels?"  ... So she calls the guy , they argue for 2 minutes.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Dave

Quote from: "Crosley"
Quote from: "jusjunk"

Dave

I hate S M F people like that.......

I drove an hour to pick up some wheels last year on the far north side of Phoenix..... the guy is not there , his wife looks at me : " What?, Wheels?"  ... So she calls the guy , they argue for 2 minutes.

Ya im *. I seen the car too and i can believe ita a 14000 mile car. Oh well he said he needed money for xmas I hope someone S^&*S in his stocking. Im back to my origonal plan I guess. I just about ready to pull the body again and start getting the frame ready for paint.  There was hope for a while I could do other things but it will wait till later now. No biggie. Just a bad day and id have thrown the tranny away if it wasnt a 350 or a 700r.  Im having a few cocktails and i worked on the roadster a little ..  Im going to the woods later and kill sumpin. Too bad the bike is in storage its near 50 again today :cry:
Dave :!:  :arrow:  :(U)  :)S(