* invades our hobby....

Started by DrChop, August 31, 2006, 08:29:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

enjenjo

My conclusion is that several business people are being tarred with a very broad brush. There is way too much jumping to conclusions there. I want both sides before I decide to convict someone.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

donsrods

Thank you, thank you, thank you to all of the intelligent members of this forum who rejected Dr. Chops attempt to spread this garbage onto other forums. They have a witch hunt going on over there and it is the most ridiculous scenerio I have ever seen.

It began when Gas Monkey Garage posted a distasteful video on the forum. Jon took offense and created his own Parody video and posted it on Youtube.com.  One thing led to another, and then the name of Coker Tire got dragged into it because in the video GMG claims they are building a car for a member of the Coker family. Jon somehow linked this to Coker tire funding the video. Then they somehow determined that an agent of GMG has a similar user name to someone on a website that some people use to target kids for unsavory reasons.

I posted that I thought the entire situation was absolutely stupid and without any foundation, and I suggested Jon take the high road and contact Corky Coker to make amends for the slurs they made about him. From that there were suspicions that I was actually Corky in disquise.

Can you see the path this thing took?  You are so smart to reject this whole attempt by Dr. Chop to keep this fire burning. On another forum where I am a member he was warned to stop his attempts to do the same there.

I hope Coker Tire sues the pants off of these guys. Coker is one of the best run, most honest companies I have ever dealt with, and for these guys to attack an innocent bystander is just wrong.

Thanks again guys for being as smart as I always felt you were.

Don

Normspeed

Well, Don,....or,..should I say, ...Corky....?    (just kidding)  :wink:

I gotta say that there are two forums I know of where the members always seem to take the high road in discussions.  RRT is one of 'em.  Maybe it goes back to the name of the site.  Grandadeo tipped me off to the RRT to begin with and he's a straight shooter from the gitgo.   Good to be here.

thefidgiter

I can not WAIT to see that entire website get sued for slander.

That Jon is a complete nutjob...his conspiracy theory about this whole thing is COMPLETELY unbased! There is absolutely no proof, other than the computer hacking of a guy's -personal- computer. And where in the world do you connect Corky Coker to this thing? His brother, who's company has nothing to do with Corky's, is involved with Gas Monkey.

There is not a single point of your "* infiltration" rant that can not be discounted.

I just don't understand you hot rod . com forum trolls. What could you possibly have to gain by all of this?