Heritage Bodies

Started by ecdperf, April 08, 2006, 03:57:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

t boner

Right behind the doors on a 32 roadster body, is a very flexible part of the body.  So-Cal adds a tubular brace to this area on the Brookville bodies that they use, to prevent the body from spreading there.  I don't know what  the real measurement should be,  as the orig. bodies are 75 years old, and like most other measurements on a 32 body, they very from car to car.  I would guess that Wescott measured a bunch of bodies and then averaged them out.  I would guess Kilbourne did the same to another bunch of different bodies.  Maybe Kilbourne pulled their body in to compensate, and Wescott didn't.  Or maybe Kilbourne over compensated????  I guess this explains how they are different, but it sure doesn't help when putting a top on!

kb426

WZ, what's the schedule and price on the 5 window? Is Bob Massey someone an ex racer should know?
TEAM SMART

WZ JUNK

Quote from: "kb426"WZ, what's the schedule and price on the 5 window? Is Bob Massey someone an ex racer should know?

Bob Massey Metalworks   3841 E 25th St, Joplin, 64804 - (417) 781-1932  Bob is a full service street rod shop in Joplin.  He bought the 5 window molds from Kilborne and is making some improvements to the molds.  He told me that the body is ready but they are doing some work to the door molds before they are ready for production.  I think he is close.  Give him a call and tell him I told you to talk to him.  The 5 window has the inner structure like the pictures I posted earlier.

John Kimbrough
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

kb426

I called Bob. He said he's a little behind schedule. Seems some morons broke into his shop and set a couple of bodies and the molds on fire. His new molds are finished except for the doors. His guesstimate was a couple of months to completion. His bodie won't have drip rails in case anyone is interested.
TEAM SMART