Heritage Bodies

Started by ecdperf, April 08, 2006, 03:57:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ecdperf

I was wondering if anyone has had some experience with a Heritage 32 Ford body?

Dave

Quote from: "ecdperf"I was wondering if anyone has had some experience with a Heritage 32 Ford body?

My nickle here... I bought my 32 roller http://www.srbymichael.com/
I got a american body not the best but not the worst body / they all need work but it came out great. Go to his site go to customer cars and check out my car.. (Dave Colliau).  I hear heritage is good also but ive not had any experience with them.. All glass bodys need work but with enuff of it you can have a great ride. The thing i liked about mine was double fire wall with foam core and double floor too. Of course are we talking 5 window or 3 window american only sells 3 window ......... I wanted a 5 window but the wife talked me into  3 window.. Next project
Dave :?:  :lol:  :lol:
ps: I see he isnt selling the american street rod design bodies any more but they did and may still have a web site

Bib_Overalls

Friend is building one now.  I do not think it is as good as the Show Me Rod and Custom one I used and they are both in the same price range. http://www.showmerodandcustom.com/    

Big issue for me is the gap between the door and the A pillar.  A lot of daylight comes through.  The body is also cut away at the seat back.  OK if you are going to have tour interior guy build in a roll at the top of your seat.  But if you want to run a bench it will not look right.

I'm going over this afternoon.  I'll take some pictures and post them later tonight.

How about a quick intro?  Where are you located? What are you building?  What are you driving now?  Lots of good car guys here.   And no Mickey Mouse.  Good place to settle in.
An Old California Rodder
Hiding Out In The Ozarks

Bib_Overalls

Took these pictures at my friend's shop this evening.

This is his second Heritage body.
An Old California Rodder
Hiding Out In The Ozarks

ecdperf

Thanks for the pictures of that body. I am located in Live Oak, Florida. I am semi retired now and am looking to build a 32 Hi- boy. Frank Castellano

BFS57

Hello;
Frank, So you are in Florida. If my mind serves me right, I do believe that Heritage Delivers orders to the Daytona Spring Rod Show as well as the Turkey Rod Run, in November. Either way, If you Purchase thru them, you might save a few bucks on shipping or time spent to go to their place to pick up.
Just my thoughts!
Bruce

Old Hippie

ecdperf,
I am currently building a heritage '32 roadster, but it was built by the original owners and I have a few complaints about some items. I bought it from a friend as roller, plumbed, powder coated etc. Basically it is a fairly good car. I think I might look at other builders if or when I build another. Fit is not to bad and doors sond solid when shut. I haven't started on body work yet so cain't comment on that other than it looks straight. I am attaching a picture of my mock up. I wish I had bought a coupe or sedan because of the weather in Texas, but it'll be okay with a/c and top. Bruce has a good point about the delivery although I don't know how much you would save.
Jim

WZ JUNK

Quote from: "ecdperf"I was wondering if anyone has had some experience with a Heritage 32 Ford body?

I am currently building a roadster with a Kilborne body.  So far I am pleased with it.  It has a well built inner structure.  I will try to post some pictures in the next couple of days.

Today I am building a cradle, to use with my engine hoist, so that I can remove the body by myself.  I know that I will have the body on and off several times.

John
http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/hooley/hooley-2005.html
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

Roadstar

I have a Killborn body 32 Roadster I'm doing to sell. I'm real happy with it for the money.

WZ JUNK

Quote from: "WZ JUNK"

I am currently building a roadster with a Kilborne body.  So far I am pleased with it.  It has a well built inner structure.  I will try to post some pictures in the next couple of days.

Today I am building a cradle, to use with my engine hoist, so that I can remove the body by myself.  I know that I will have the body on and off several times.

John

Here are some pictures.
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck

t boner

Heritage does a lot of advertising, and Kilbourne does just about zero advertising!  Kilbourne bodies are sold by word of mouth.  I looked at both, and it was no contest.......I bought a Kilbourne 32 coupe.

ecdperf

Where is Kilbourne located ?

rumrumm

Kilbourne, Illinois, a little town north of Springfield. I came very close to getting a Kilbourne body for my project, but Yogi made me a deal I couldn't refuse on an Outlaw body. I like the amount of steel reinforcement in a Kilbourne body.

www.kilbournerodshop.com/index.html
Lynn
'32 3W

I write novels, too. https://lsjohanson.com

WZ JUNK

Quote from: "rumrumm"Kilbourne, Illinois, a little town north of Springfield. I came very close to getting a Kilbourne body for my project, but Yogi made me a deal I couldn't refuse on an Outlaw body. I like the amount of steel reinforcement in a Kilbourne body.

www.kilbournerodshop.com/index.html

A friend of mine in Joplin, Missouri (Bob Massey) bought the 5 window Kilbourne molds and is just beginning production of the 5 window body.  It has the same type of inner structure as the roadster.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck

Topsterguy

On the Kilbourne roadsters you might want to check the width of the bodies - from what I've been told by guys wanting our Topsters, the Kilbourne bodies are about 2" narrower than everyone elses.  Inside edge to inside edge of the top of the body right behind the doors should be 48 1/2" and the measurement from the outside edges of the top frame mounting tabs that are 2 1/2" behind the doors and come out of the top of the body is 50 3/8" - these measurements were taken off an original body and my own Wescott one.  Why would anyone make a body narrower??
"If a man is alone in the forest and speaks, and there\'s no woman around, is he still wrong?"