Shrinker/Stretcher

Started by parklane, March 09, 2006, 02:43:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1FATGMC

Quote from: "Bob Paulin"It seems as though they publish an article on building your own radius cutter at least once-per-year in one or the other mag.  B.P.

The nearest book store to me that might stand a chance of having that magaizine is 135 miles (one way) from me and I doubt they would even have it.

If you see one with an article on a radius cutter and don't mind buying it I'll pay for the magazine and shipping (forget your time though :D ).  I laid awake last night and think I have it all figured out how to make one that I think would take less than a day to make.  It would look a little crude, but I think it will work.  I'll have to see if it would fit my 12 inch lathe.

I can see where rotating the tool rest could give me a concave radii, but can't see how it would do a convex, but I'm probably over looking something.

You are right the main thing I want to make are some lower English wheels and those pieces of steel that are 3-4 inch in dia. and have one end rounded over to work metal on with a hammer.  I know they have a name, but don't know what it is.  Like an anvil.

Thanks and c ya,

Sum

unklian

Post dolly ?
Forming head ?

Big heavy metal thing ? :roll:

1FATGMC

Quote from: "unklian"Post dolly ?
Forming head ?

Big heavy metal thing ? :roll:

Yep, that is it :oops: .  Well one of those anyway :twisted: .

Quote from: "unklian"Same way I did the rads for planishing hammer dies.
The math isn't that hard,I posted examples in the forums on allshops.org:

Do you have a link to where you did that?

Thanks and c ya, Sum