EGR valve

Started by sedanman, January 24, 2006, 09:07:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sedanman

Sum, I actually got most all the info about the 700r4 from your web site over a year ago. I have your site book marked as one of my favorites. I have installed the kit in the trans but the car is still not finished. I plan to adjust the tv cable per your instructions when I get to that point. I just wondered what the guy from Canada meant by an ERG and TV cable.

Vic... :)

38racing

The TV that I was refering to had nothing to do with the transmission TV. I was refering to temperature switches that control vacuum to emission devices. TVS means thermal vacuum switch in this case.

rooster

Quote from: "1FATGMC"
Quote from: "rooster"We dont know much about the history of the truck this engine came out of, it may have been swaped at some time earler. Cant see any ele connection on carb that gos to computer harness, but then again I dont know what im looking at, The angle of the bolts do appear to be different. heres some pictures.

The other picture you posted doesn't look like a feed-back carb to me.  The TPS and elect. should be at the left front.

c ya,  Sum

The guy Greg got the engine from came over today and showed me the ele connection to carb. I guess this means he cant use this setup without a computer in the car.

Connection is in top right of picture. It was right in front of me the whole time, DA!!!!!!!!!!!

GPster

I don't know how particular the "Smog Police" are there but maybe you should look around for an earlier truck intake and carb. That would give the package the look of a pre-smog engine. The engine that I bought, planning it for the Jeepster is out of a '79 Blazier and as near as I can see there are no EGR mounts on it. With the work you did to clean up those exhaust manifolds it would be a shame to have some question because of blanked off EGR mounts on the intake. GPster