Intro from WA state with pics

Started by Rolf, November 23, 2005, 01:00:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

phat46

Very nice rides, all of 'em, welcome aboard...

Charlie Chops 1940

Welcome aboard Rolf.

As a certified (by the Social Security Administration) old guy and past and present owner of some 20 footers, much less 20 yarders, I like your choice of rides. In the land of rust we don't get to have daily drivers like those.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

Rolf

Bib, Old Sub, nice to see you guys here too. I figured some folks would cruise "both sides of the tracks"  :wink:

enjenjo: Well, old is relative, I suppose.

I am 47 years old, sometimes when getting out of bed in the morning I feel old, but when I have a firm grip on a 4 speed shfter, one hand on the wheel, and the clutch is about to be popped, then I'm sixteen ! :lol:

Thanks again, I will be surfing by often.

Crosley.In.AZ

welcome aboard the RRT board......nice toys you have there

enjenjo gets nervous when he sees the word 'certified' ......although  most of his court ordered treatments are over & forgotten by  now.  :arrow:   :wink:   :wink:
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

alchevy

I'll have to echo what everyone else has been saying, very nice collection! Welcome!
AL
A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com

southfork

You need to get that coupe on the road, Rolf!  You got me and a bunch of others cranked up on putting nailheads in our A's, and until you finish the job, we are all kind of on hold!

Seriously though, love the excellent build-up series you did with all the great photos along the way!

tom36

That's 3 beautiful rides, Rolf.  Nice part about old eyes is I have to stand back 20 feet to see anyhow!

reborn55

Welcome aboard.  You have some very nice rides.  Enjoy. :D

Rolf

Quote from: "southfork"You need to get that coupe on the road, Rolf!  You got me and a bunch of others cranked up on putting nailheads in our A's, and until you finish the job, we are all kind of on hold!

Ha, yes, I DO need to get that coupe on the road. I can't wait !

I am busy doing the plumbing (fuel etc) and electrical, enough to start it, I just want to hear it run before I install radiator and grille shell. I am kinda superstitious, I guess.  :lol:

We moved, so I am working from a temporary location until we get a permit to build a shop (6 mo ! ) so it's going slow, but that's OK, it bloody soggy here in WA state right now.

Thanks for all the positive feedback, it kicks me in the butt to keep charging ahead.

Rolf

32 Chevy

Hey, where are you located in Washington State? I'm in Gig Harbor near Tacoma.

I have a 32 chevy with a baby nailhead ( aluminum 215 bored and stroked to 305) backed up with a 4 speed and 9", plus the usual goodies. I also have a daily driver 20 footer, a 56 ford 2 door ranchwagon. Shoot me a P.M and lets hoist a frosty or two and talk cars. And if you like to remove frozen screws, I'm fixing up a mahogany century resorter powerboat and have only about 2,000 screws to go....

Dave R