Land purchase

Started by Crosley.In.AZ, November 08, 2005, 10:45:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1FATGMC

Quote from: "Crosley"My Garmin 2610 GPS tells me the altitude here at my home is about 1280..... the altitude at our lot we bought,  it shows about 4800 feet.

The lot is north of Show Low about 12 miles.

8)

Tony I think you had better get that GPS checked.  This is from Show Low's site ( http://ci.show-low.az.us/ ):

Show Low, the commercial and tourism hub of the White Mountains, was established in 1870 and incorporated in 1953. Located in southern Navajo County at an elevation of 6,350 feet, our city is 175 miles northeast of Phoenix and 195 miles north of Tucson

This picture was taken in that area on the way back from Goodguys in 2000.  Don't worry Tony a little cold and snow is good for the circulation  :D. You'll just have to go a little easier on that guy on the east slope in Colo. and your friends in Ohio, Mich, Wis., etc  :P .

c ya, Sum

Ohio Blue Tip

Ya, what Sum said. :roll:  

Still driving the snot out of my 34, glad I got a heater. :lol:

Will have to park it Monday :cry:  as I'll be heading North for the big hunt and there is usually snow and 15F morning temps at the cabin. :)
Some people try to turn back their odometers
Not me, I want people to know "why" I look this way.
I\'ve traveled a long way and some of the
roads weren\'t paved.

Ken

tomslik

Quote from: "1FATGMC"
Quote from: "Crosley"My Garmin 2610 GPS tells me the altitude here at my home is about 1280..... the altitude at our lot we bought,  it shows about 4800 feet.

The lot is north of Show Low about 12 miles.

8)

Tony I think you had better get that GPS checked.  This is from Show Low's site ( http://ci.show-low.az.us/ ):

Show Low, the commercial and tourism hub of the White Mountains, was established in 1870 and incorporated in 1953. Located in southern Navajo County at an elevation of 6,350 feet, our city is 175 miles northeast of Phoenix and 195 miles north of Tucson

This picture was taken in that area on the way back from Goodguys in 2000.  Don't worry Tony a little cold and snow is good for the circulation  :D. You'll just have to go a little easier on that guy on the east slope in Colo. and your friends in Ohio, Mich, Wis., etc  :P .

c ya, Sum

sum, he's prolly using the gps off his honda...
those guys are pretty optimistic....
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it\'s still on my list

Tony...Not trying to be nosey but what is a couple of acres worth in that area??
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

Crosley.In.AZ

I'll stick with my Garmin GPS for elevations.   It was pulling signals from 4 or 5 satellites with a 16 foot accuracy.  Unless my memory is faulty on the elevations , which has happened twice lately if i remember correctly

optimistic is a HD rider getting some where and parts not falling off.  :wink:

40...... we paid 25k an acre.  THis is in a developement.  Power , paved  roads, phones , sewer service.  All under ground.

Smallest lot is minimum 2 acres, largest is 2.6

We looked at some land a bit further east of Show Low.  5k an acre, no services at this time
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)