Fill 'er Up

Started by alchevy, April 21, 2005, 09:58:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crosley.In.AZ

I put 450 miles on the Goldwing saturday in the area of Yarnell, Prescott, Lake Mary, Payson............ odd that the gasoline was 15 cents a gallon less than the main stream phoenix area.  All the gas is trucked up there from phoenix

I run mid grade gasoline in the Goldwing , regular in the daily driver trucks.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

kb426

I paid 2.39 on the way to Wichita last weekend for 91. I think that was at Pratt which is 70 miles west of Wichita.
TEAM SMART

Crosley.In.AZ

I watched for prices today as i drove to & from work,   $2.38 to 2.40 a gallon for regular is real common..I saw nuthing cheaper

from there just add a dime per higher grade of gasoline... 2.38 , 2.48 , 2.58 a gallon
Tony

TJ's Dad

If i learn nuffin else all day, I now know a 'dime' equals 10 cents ....

I\'d rather a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomomy !!!

ASRF Life Member

VHRA Member.

enjenjo

Quote from: "TJ's Dad"If i learn nuffin else all day, I now know a 'dime' equals 10 cents ....

So, do you know what "dropping a dime" means?
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Crosley.In.AZ

I was sorta curious if similar price scheme is used in other states like AZ does....... a dime here , a dime there
Tony

TJ's Dad

QuoteSo, do you know what "dropping a dime" means?

Hmmm ......... nup !!

Wonder what i'm letting myself in for here ??   :lol:

I\'d rather a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomomy !!!

ASRF Life Member

VHRA Member.

enjenjo

It means to inform on someone. Dropping a dime, calling  the cops.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

alchevy

In West Central Mississippi, the lowest price today of regular unleaded (87 octane) is $2.11 per gallon US and it usualy is a dime between the three grades too. Like it was said earlier, the gas comes in on barges at the town I live in, from there it is trucked to a larger town (Jackson, MS) and it cost less over there. Go figure.
AL
A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com

Crosley.In.AZ

My brother worked for the pipeline that pumps fuels  from El Paso TX thru new Mexico to Arizona for 33 years.

Gasoline was always cheaper in Arizona than El Paso where it was refined
Tony

river1

Quote from: "Crosley"I watched for prices today as i drove to & from work,   $2.38 to 2.40 a gallon for regular is real common..I saw nuthing cheaper

from there just add a dime per higher grade of gasoline... 2.38 , 2.48 , 2.58 a gallon

outhere in the wild west part of town it runs 2.35 then the dimes :D

usually it is a bit cheaper out on this side of town.

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

Mr34

Quote from: "Carps"
Filling the LandCruiser always elicits some stupid comment from the guy on the desk, coz when it's down to the last 20 litres it'll ring up about A$145.00 or more from the 98 RON pump.  

Of course I only have to fill it once a month if I'm just driving too and from the office.

Im assuming there is a vast section of road between your home and work that is completely unsealed and covered in large rocks. Other wise why else would you need a Landcruiser to drive to work.... :shock:

We have stickers up here that say

"Urban 4WDs = Environmental Terrorists"

They some how find their way onto those big 4WDs that the mums drive their kids to school in....

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "enjenjo"It means to inform on someone. Dropping a dime, calling  the cops.

phone calls cost a dime?

when ?

:arrow:   :wink:   :wink:
Tony

tom36

Quote from: "Crosley"
Quote from: "enjenjo"It means to inform on someone. Dropping a dime, calling  the cops.

phone calls cost a dime?

when ?

:arrow:   :wink:   :wink:

As they like to say, Crosley, "back in the day"   :wink: .....  Tom..

slocrow

I just filled up the 32 last Thursday with 89 middle grade and the cost was 2.34/9 p/gal. The 15.185 Gallons is the most I ever put in that 16 gallon tank, for a total of $35.67. I thought I was low even though the gauge read half. Now I have a gauge problem to solve. Sure glad I decided to check and fill her up. The gauge did then go to full so maybe it's a ground problem. Ya just can't let them sit all Winter......Speaking of Winter, WTF. It was in the 60's last Thursday & now Sunday, we've got 6" of heavy wet snow.
Tell the National Guard to mind the grocery store...