Started by alchevy, April 03, 2005, 10:45:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Hey Guys how about some real muzic LOL  :lol:

Manic Mechanic by ZZTop LOL. :lol:

Now that's a bang you just have to see live  :wink: Lol :lol:

Holly

Dave

Just when you thought it was safe around here she's back! I have seen ZZ Top live (at Olympic Park) backed up by Rose Tattoo. great night, great songs, terrible echo sound due to the venue (band were great!). Personally La Grange does it for me! Love Billy's cars though (and the Hogzillas too)! The first Cad they started building is now downunder and finished (has been for ages actually)!

grazza

Well it certainly took you guys some time to get to the REAL Music, didn't it.  I've been sitting here waiting and finally the cream rose to the top - ZZ Top, you gotta love it!  It don't matter which song, as long as it comes from a ZZ Top album you got it right.  Dave your choice is way up near the top though.   Holly I was wishing you were gone, but now I may have to forgive you rambling ways [and all your LOL's] knowing where your listening pleasures lay!  We got to spend some time with Billy when the band came "downunder" back in early '80's [cant quite remember when it was] but remember it was a great day and he was fun to be around and appreciated his time with us as well I think.
Graeme
My Mind Is A Dangerous Place
I Should not be allowed to wander through there alone

Ohio Blue Tip

If you don't like Rap, remember the first Rap song ever?

"Hot Rod Lincoln"

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:
Some people try to turn back their odometers
Not me, I want people to know "why" I look this way.
I\'ve traveled a long way and some of the
roads weren\'t paved.

Ken

rumrumm

If Rap was like HOT ROD LINCOLN, A BOY NAMED  SUE, and RINGO (remember Lorne Greene's rendition) I wouldn't mind it so much. But music, art, and drama are all a matter of personal taste, so I won't denegrate it as a whole. It's just not for me. FYI, I don't like early country much either, except for Patsy Cline that is . She is great even by today's standards.
Lynn
'32 3W

I write novels, too. https://lsjohanson.com

choco

Quote from: "rumrumm"and RINGO (remember Lorne Greene's rendition)

Oh, boy, is that an oldie. I re-wrote the words for that one as part of an award ceremony for a youmg aborginal sailor on a ship I was on in the 70s. The young guy's name was Dingo. I remember the first verse.....

One day long ago on the Nullabor Plains,
An old moll sat down and coughed up her brains.
The sun was hot, the road was warm,
Nine months later there stood the spawn...
of Dingo,

Diiiinnngooooooo, DIngoooooo.

Wish I could remember the rest.
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
Frank Choco Munday, Technical Author
Hot Rod Handbooks
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

phat46

ZZ Top is definately my fav for cruizin', but I'm surprised that we haven't mentioned "Mercury Blues" by several artists, lastly I think done by Allan Jackson.
Did anyone else see the "Black Betty" video with the wicked coupe in it over on the HAMB a while back????

Dave

Do you mean the 35 Dodge Roadster in the 'Spiderbait' (Aussie band) version of Black Betty? Had a BB Chev in it. I have a version of 'Mercury Blues' here too. If you are into loud Black Sabbath's 'Die Young' is another goodie or just about any Chuck Berry album is full of good car songs.

phat46

Quote from: "Dave"Do you mean the 35 Dodge Roadster in the 'Spiderbait' (Aussie band) version of Black Betty?

] Yeah, that's the one, it was a roadster, with the top up, it's all coming back to me now... :D

parklane

Hey Joe, thats what the guy from Arkansas said when he peed into the wind "It's all coming back to me now" :lol:
If a blind person wears sunglasses, why doesn\'t a deaf person wear earmuffs??

X38

I'll take Mercury Blues from David Lindley.

Early Paladins, little charlie & the nightcats, Fabulous Thunderbirds, Johnny Guitar Watson, Ronnie Earl & the Broadcasters, The Pirates, Howlin Wolf, Freddie King, Elmore James, Hank Williams, Bob Wills, Asleep at the Wheel, Dwight Yokam, Billy Joe Shaver, Gram Parsons.

And the Ramones.

That'll do for a while.

Crosley.In.AZ

Rev it on the redline
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

alchevy

Quote from: "X38"Early Paladins, little charlie & the nightcats, Fabulous Thunderbirds, Johnny Guitar Watson, Ronnie Earl & the Broadcasters, The Pirates, Howlin Wolf, Freddie King, Elmore James, Hank Williams, Bob Wills, Asleep at the Wheel, Dwight Yokam, Billy Joe Shaver, Gram Parsons.

And the Ramones.

That'll do for a while.

Is this your list of groups that did Hot Rod Lincoln?
A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com

Brootal

Quote from: "40chevy"
Quote from: "X38"Early Paladins, little charlie & the nightcats, Fabulous Thunderbirds, Johnny Guitar Watson, Ronnie Earl & the Broadcasters, The Pirates, Howlin Wolf, Freddie King, Elmore James, Hank Williams, Bob Wills, Asleep at the Wheel, Dwight Yokam, Billy Joe Shaver, Gram Parsons.

And the Ramones.

That'll do for a while.

Is this your list of groups that did Hot Rod Lincoln?

Nope. Looks like a mighty fine list of musicians though. :)

I had no idea X38. I knew there was something I liked about you (apart from your car!). ;)
Yes it is Grandad\'s Old Rambler!

//www.the-rumbler.com

Devilrod

Quote from: "Brootal"

I had no idea X38. I knew there was something I liked about you. ;)

No wonder you are president of the Aussie GAMB'ers  :shock:
:lol:  :lol:  :lol:   :roll:
Speed and Style. One day I\'ll get the speed bit......