My Autorama pictures

Started by tattoo, March 05, 2005, 05:18:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick32Vic

Quote from: "Brootal"
I knew about the Mysterion clone, one of the guys on the HAMB worked on it. The orange Beatnik Bandit-esque thing is news to me though.

Anyone got any details... please? :)

Brootal, the orange one is Fritz's from the HAMB, i think he calls it the Roswell Rod. He had a couple posts about it on the HAMB.

Nick

Dave

Quote from: "parklane"I was at the show Sat for 9 hrs, and was disappointed in one side of the show, until we got to the "real cars"- by that I mean ones that actually run, and have been driven on the street. It seemed like they ere just trying to fill up space in some areas.
As others have said, downstairs, with the rat rods etc was excellent!! We hung around the HAMB for a while asking some of them about members or the RRT group, and they just looked at me, and commented that they had never heard of us.We have to get those T's so we can find each other. Since the only member I've met has been Joe (Phat 46) - Thanks again Joe - we didn't have a clue as who to approach. I personally really liked the 56 Crown downstairs. :D  :D  
John

We were there at 2pm thats when the meet and greet was although i just bs'd with the rrt guys and never really met any of the hamb people. Sorry we missed ya. They know of the rrt but i guess they dont want to admit it. Maybe were a little out of hand for them youngsters  :wink:  
Tattoo didnt come thru with the press passes and it wasnt any fault of his so we paid like usuall. It was worth it to me as I though it was a very good show . I enjoyed it more this year leaving my car home :lol:  
Gave me more time to look.........
Dave

enjenjo

I was there with the Hamb bunch off and on till about 430. you just asked the wrong Hamb guy, a bunch of them are RRT members too.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Brootal

Quote from: "Nick32vic"
Quote from: "Brootal"
I knew about the Mysterion clone, one of the guys on the HAMB worked on it. The orange Beatnik Bandit-esque thing is news to me though.

Anyone got any details... please? :)

Brootal, the orange one is Fritz's from the HAMB, i think he calls it the Roswell Rod. He had a couple posts about it on the HAMB.

Nick

Ahhhh.... Of course. I remember much talk  about it but hadn't seen any recent pics.

Thanks.
Yes it is Grandad\'s Old Rambler!

//www.the-rumbler.com

parklane

We got to the lower level at 5:00pm, which I understood to be the time to meet there. Got the directions to Deb's place, but decided not to go because we didn't know a soul, but that will be rectified this summer
If a blind person wears sunglasses, why doesn\'t a deaf person wear earmuffs??

HotRodLadyCrusr

Quote from: "Brootal"I just checked out the rest of the pics and I was somewhat amazed. Amazed that even at an event as prestigious as the Autorama, people still just park their car on the concrete, throw some ropes around it and walk away.

What a joke.

You would think after spending a small fortune on fixing up your car you could spring for some floor covering at least. :roll:

Each and every car on the main level MUST have floor covering period.  No exceptions.  The floor covering in Dave and Fritz's display was white fur, like back in the '60's.  looked cool and certainly fit the theme.

They were not so strick on the lower level.  Most had some sort of stantions and roping, some even looked really cool and unique.
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

HotRodLadyCrusr

Quote from: "Sean"I'm usually not real fond of pure showcars, but this is one of the best looking cars I have ever seen. What was it though? Looks to me like it started out as a '37 Ford, but if it was, its been changed enough that its hard for me to tell...

Tom was correct in stating it's a 3/4 scale.  It has over 4,000 hand made pieces.  It is simply breathtaking.  Saturday the crowd was 5 people deep trying to get a look.  Not so bad today.  There wasn't a doubt in anyones mind who would win the Ridler Award.  This car took it handsdown.  Chip looked exhausted but he was happily signing autographs for 4 days straight.  No matter what someone stuck in front of him to sign he did so with a smile on his face and when he talked to folks he was very humble and pleasent.  He's a true gentleman.
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

parklane

My Apologies to both Debb, and Denise. It was Denise that invited folks over to her house on sat. evening, not Debb, as I had Stated ( I have a very good memory, but sometimes very short :lol: )

John
If a blind person wears sunglasses, why doesn\'t a deaf person wear earmuffs??