My Autorama pictures

Started by tattoo, March 05, 2005, 05:18:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

tom36

purplepickup

Yeah, thanks for the pics!  It's nice taking pictures without a lot of people all over isn't it?  I like the Foose car but don't care much for the Foose bike.  I do like the simple little old school panhead tho.  I like the A sedan with the Caddy mill too.  It's got a nice "IN YOUR FACE" look. :twisted:

It's a bummer not being able to be there this year :(
George

Sean

I'm usually not real fond of pure showcars, but this is one of the best looking cars I have ever seen. What was it though? Looks to me like it started out as a '37 Ford, but if it was, its been changed enough that its hard for me to tell...

tom36

Quote from: "Sean"I'm usually not real fond of pure showcars, but this is one of the best looking cars I have ever seen. What was it though? Looks to me like it started out as a '37 Ford, but if it was, its been changed enough that its hard for me to tell...

I read it was a 3/4 scale '36..   Tom..

GPster

Thanks for the pictures, especially the "Rat Rods". They are easier to look at in the New School venue. Without the cleveage to the navel and the tatoos (whoops, forgot who's site that was). Gpster

kb426

Thank You! For those of us that are far away, this is great.
TEAM SMART

Crosley.In.AZ

thanks.

interesting stuff!
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Dave

Quote from: "tattoo"My autorama pictures are up http://www.layinbody.com/gallery/autoramadetroit05?page=1

Was a good show. Was cool going down stairs and looking at the whole other end of the spectrum with the rat rods. Neat Ideas and neat cars. We hung around the hamb spot bsing quite a while and ran into chip foose twice. Courtney was up on a stage doing autographs and chip just happened by and was doing them and pics on the floor. He spent quite a while looking at all the rat rods. I especially liked the one rat rod with the tractor seat in it and should have got a pic. It didnt  look too comfy though.
Dave :wink:

phat46

Quote from: "tattoo"My autorama pictures are up http://www.layinbody.com/gallery/autoramadetroit05?page=1

Thanks, although I'm only an hour away, I didn't attend so I'm glad to see pics. The trad rods are great, if they don't get your blood pumping you better get to a doctor!!!!   :shock:

parklane

I was at the show Sat for 9 hrs, and was disappointed in one side of the show, until we got to the "real cars"- by that I mean ones that actually run, and have been driven on the street. It seemed like they ere just trying to fill up space in some areas.
As others have said, downstairs, with the rat rods etc was excellent!! We hung around the HAMB for a while asking some of them about members or the RRT group, and they just looked at me, and commented that they had never heard of us.We have to get those T's so we can find each other. Since the only member I've met has been Joe (Phat 46) - Thanks again Joe - we didn't have a clue as who to approach. I personally really liked the 56 Crown downstairs. :D  :D
John
If a blind person wears sunglasses, why doesn\'t a deaf person wear earmuffs??

Brootal

Tell me about these cars.

I knew about the Mysterion clone, one of the guys on the HAMB worked on it. The orange Beatnik Bandit-esque thing is news to me though.

Anyone got any details... please? :)
Yes it is Grandad\'s Old Rambler!

//www.the-rumbler.com

phat46

other. Since the only member I've met has been Joe (Phat 46) - Thanks again Joe - we didn't have a clue as who to approach.

You're welcome John, anytime you need my services you know where I live. And thanks for the offer to go to the Autorama with you and your friends, but you saw what I was up against Friday; I'm glad to say "mission acomplished"  :D

Brootal

I just checked out the rest of the pics and I was somewhat amazed. Amazed that even at an event as prestigious as the Autorama, people still just park their car on the concrete, throw some ropes around it and walk away.

What a joke.

You would think after spending a small fortune on fixing up your car you could spring for some floor covering at least. :roll:
Yes it is Grandad\'s Old Rambler!

//www.the-rumbler.com