question for our Canadian members

Started by river1, December 03, 2004, 07:25:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

32 Chevy

Quote from: "BELLM"Sears has a lower priced lime called Companion, apparently.  I bought a 14.4 V battery drill set 6 months ago for $35, bought 2, going to give 1 for Christmas gift.  Came with jig saw, dovetail sander, light &2 batteries.  Only problem I have had is batteries seem to lose their charge sitting for a few weeks.  I have all kins of tools accumulated since I was 12 yrs old, 44 yrs.  Harbor Freight opened a store near me, have bought a lot of their stuff.  Do not do production work, hobby & farm only, but real satisfied.  I think those 2 big boxes under the Christmas tree are Harbor Freight parts washer & tire changer! :wink:

I stopped by Lowe's today to check out the Kobalt tools. Fatcat was right, those are great. They have the look and feel of Proto. Without my prompting, the salesman said they are made in the USA by Proto. Although I don't necessarily accept the salesmans word as gospel I think I can definitely be happy with the feel and quality. Price? A complete set of 1/4,3/8/ and 1/2 " ratchets with metric and SAE sockets plus some other stuff is only $150.

Cheers,

Dave