O/t DEER HUNTERS.

Started by Dave, November 13, 2004, 10:30:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scrap Fe

Quote from: "32 Chevy"Saturday I was in a remote area of Eastern Washington, packing my trusty homemade recurve bow. Did a little rattlin' and a Boone and Crockett buck steps out of the brush about 10 yards in front of me. Caught me with my pants down, so to speak. Score this Buck 1, hunter zero. Always next year, I guess... Sigh....

Scrap Fe

Quote from: "Scrap Fe"
Quote from: "32 Chevy"Saturday I was in a remote area of Eastern Washington, packing my trusty homemade recurve bow. Did a little rattlin' and a Boone and Crockett buck steps out of the brush about 10 yards in front of me. Caught me with my pants down, so to speak. Score this Buck 1, hunter zero. Always next year, I guess... Sigh....

Dave, not to change the topic but can you give us an update on Kyle and his truck?

enjenjo

Scrap Fe, sent you a pm.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Dave

Quote from: "N8DC"Hey all you hunters out there... Good Luck
We start monday and im ready. Been doing some bow hunting this year and ive seen a lot of deer and even missed a couple. Im looking for a good gun season. Im off for 2 weeks to hunt the mighty buck or doe... Im hunting about 20 miles from the house so it makes it nice cause im home every evening. I guess while im off ill even rake the leaves in the back yard :)
Be safe..
Dave

Ok im in .. got a small doe this morning what a rush LOL... my kid still has me beat but were sharing the meat so we have 4 in the freezer now. Im the only one to get a deer where I hunt and thats not right we always see em and get a bunch. Dunno whats different this year but were not seeing them.
Im glad Sue hammered on me to go out after she got up at 5 am to make sure i got up and checked the weather for me also....
Gotta run were gonna grind up some burger tonite.
Dave

Ralph

Quote from: "32 Chevy"neat stuff, usually car oriented swapping.

The boat in the background is what I actually build for a living. to see more, check out www.ghboats.com.

Seeeya,

Dave R

Dave -
Gorgeous boats, and a really good website, too. I read through the whole thing, and it was informative, and a pleasure to read.I grew up rowing an 8 foot plywood punt my uncle made for me when I was five. My sister and I spent whole summers at the lake splashing around in that thing.Pretty much flat bottomed, and square prowed, it was a pig to row. Loved the boat, though, and still have it, forty-two years later. Needs some work, now. OK, a lot of work!
I'm pretty much landlocked these days. Can you tell I miss the water? I wish I had a use for one of your beautiful boats. Make mine a 14 footer, with reversed rowing........sigh.
Oh...were you guys talking about hunting? Oops!Sorry. Didn't mean to interupt! :oops: Nevermind!
Ralph (Daydreaming happily about lazy days long ago......)
Manitoba Street Rod Association
http://www.msra.mb.ca/