Cordless drill?

Started by jaybee, June 08, 2015, 11:24:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rrumbler

Quote from: "river1"

All that said I don't think you can go wrong with any of the major manufacturers,  it's a chevy ford dodge type argument

later jim

That's the truth; in battery operated tool, Makita has always been the best for me, most others not lasting as long.
Rrumbler - Older, grouchier, broken; but not completely dead, yet.

jaybee

Thanks for the input. The local Tru Value has a pretty good deal right now on a combo of 18v drill, impact driver, 2 batteries, and 1hr charger.

I have a Ryobi single speed 120v drill. It's compact, powerful, and doesn't tend to burn up drill bits because it doesn't run at a bazillion rpm.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

Crosley.In.AZ

I have Craftmans drill motors.  I dont use them much.

Best thing I did was buy the lithium batterys.

Consturction folks I see & know, it is Dewalt tools
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

416Ford

Only thing I would add, make sure it's a 1/2" chuck. I purchased a Dewalt electric grill and it's a great brill but I have to use my cordless for anything larger then 3/8".
My cordless tools are Ryobi and I have not had any issues with them. They are at least 6 years old.
You never have time to do it right the first time but you always have time to do it again.

phat rat

Quote from: "416Ford"Only thing I would add, make sure it's a 1/2" chuck. I purchased a Dewalt electric grill and it's a great brill but I have to use my cordless for anything larger then 3/8".
My cordless tools are Ryobi and I have not had any issues with them. They are at least 6 years old.

I never knew Dewalt made grilles. What's a Brill? I need to check that out as I don't have one! :P  :P  :P  :lol:  :lol:
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

416Ford

MAN....Though Crowd.
:)
You never have time to do it right the first time but you always have time to do it again.

UGLY OLDS

Quote from: "416Ford"MAN....Though Crowd.

Sure hate to kick a guy when he's down so how 'bout I just "stumble" over him  :idea:  :?:

Shouldn't the above phrase be "Tough Crowd"  :shock:  :roll:  :?:

( By the way ..All my power tools have cords ..... 8)  :lol: )

Bob ...  :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

416Ford

Quote from: "UGLY OLDS"
Quote from: "416Ford"MAN....Though Crowd.

Sure hate to kick a guy when he's down so how 'bout I just "stumble" over him  :idea:  :?:

Shouldn't the above phrase be "Tough Crowd"  :shock:  :roll:  :?:

I would like to say that that was intentional but I can not tell a lie.. :(