Anyone Near Huntington Beach In California ???

Started by 40, February 15, 2014, 07:05:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glad you guys like it......It's an "Old Farts" car but then......I guess I fit that description! The car is basically stock but has had the rear springs de-arched and new shorter coils ,dropped spindles and front disc brakes/dual master cylinder added.The interior is rolled/pleated.......not sure if it is custom or if a kit for a convertible was used as it appears very similar to a stock convertible interior.The car had a repaint 35 years ago and is an original black car.The interior is the color the car was born with as well.I have had a couple other black 55's with red/white interior but I like the blue for something differant.It was built in So Cal and spent it's entire life there......It is AMAZING how dry/rust free the car is......even the little rubber flaps covering the drain holes are in perfect shape.....we just don't see that around here.I bought it with the intention of putting my 409/6-speed combo in it but the previous owner tells me that after I drive it,I'll have so much fun with the 6 cylinder/3-speed overdrive combo that I won't change it.He says with the O/D and 3:70 gears in the rear end,it gets nearly 25mpg at 65 mph.....That's probably a tad more mileage than I'd get with the 409 but not sure it would be as much fun! It's been about 45 years since I drove a 3-speed with overdrive.....not sure I even remember how it functions.......guess I'll figure it out if Spring ever gets here!
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

kb426

TEAM SMART

jaybee

Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

39deluxe

Man that's sweet. Those 3 speed OD trans cars are fun to drive. I've had a few myself. One was a blue/white '55 Bel Air from Colorado with a 265. Fenton headers, twin carbs and some dress up goodies will make a fun engine out of theat 235 also.

Tom